From: "sailw32" <sailw32@...>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 14:15:51
To: <amelyachtowners@...>
Subject: [Amel] zinc on rudder - motor or gear oil

I have two zincs on my rudder.The one on the starboard side just over half way down seems to be working, slowly being eaten away.The second near the bottom of rudder on port side look almost new.Did the boat come from Amel with two zincs or did a previous owner add the port side one? I just replaced my shaft oil seals and can not remember whether I should use motor oil or gear oil.The placard on the reservoir is in french, the only thing I understand is SAE 20 -40.
Thanks, Pat SM 123

kimberlite <kimberlite@...>

My sail drive says 15-40.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite

_____

Pat the gear box gets 40W motor oil. That's what Amel uses. Amel uses 2
zincs on the rudder. We have the same issue one goes fast the other seems
not to get to much loss.
See you on the bay.
Richard and Joan SM209

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T