From: Judy and Bill aboard SV BeBe <yahoogroups@svbebe.com>
Subject: [Amel] Re: Main outhaul gearbox
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, 4 May, 2010, 11:21 AM

Danny,

Go to message 3958 http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/amelyachto wners/message/ 3958 and message 3983 http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/amelyachto wners/message/ 3983

Also, search using advance for "outhaul" in the subject and "amelliahona" as the author.

BTW, say hello to Lina, Bruce and Carlos at Shelter Bay.

Hi to Yvonne.

Best,

Bill & Judy
s/v BeBe, #387
Currently Malaysia

--- In amelyachtowners@ yahoogroups. com, "Danny and Yvonne" <simms@...> wrote:

Hi all, having successfully stripped and re-bearinged the main furler gearbox am doing the outhaul. Have a problem, with the furler the centre shaft came out quite easily, not so the outhaul gear box. I am refering to the shaft that goes up through the gearbox and through the boom to the pulley where it has an L that is bolted through to the pulley. It does not want to come out. The whole box is dis-ssembled leaving just the top bearing and housing hanging on the centre shaft. I have tried various methods of pulling or pushing it up to no avail. Is there something I am missing? Can anyone advise
Danny and Yvonne
Ocean Pearl SM 299

kimberlite <kimberlite@...>

HI,

Would you tell me where you mounted the grease nipples?

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite

_____

From: Judy and Bill aboard SV BeBe <yahoogroups@
<mailto:yahoogroups%40svbebe.com> svbebe.com>
To: amelyachtowners@ <mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com>
yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, 4 May, 2010, 11:21 AM

wrote:

Hi all, having successfully stripped and re-bearinged the main furler
gearbox am doing the outhaul. Have a problem, with the furler the centre
shaft came out quite easily, not so the outhaul gear box. I am refering to
the shaft that goes up through the gearbox and through the boom to the
pulley where it has an L that is bolted through to the pulley. It does not
want to come out. The whole box is dis-ssembled leaving just the top bearing
and housing hanging on the centre shaft. I have tried various methods of
pulling or pushing it up to no avail. Is there something I am missing? Can
anyone advise
Danny and Yvonne
Ocean Pearl SM 299

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Eric,
 I placed the grease nipples centre of the bulge in the housing for the output shaft from the motor which puts the nipple to apply grease to the main load area directly over the interface between the gear on the motor shaft and the gear on the drive. The nipples thread is less in length than the housing thickness at this point.
Regards
Danny and Yvonne
Ocean Pearl SM299
www.getjealous.com/danneve

From: Judy and Bill aboard SV BeBe <yahoogroups@
<mailto:yahoogroups %40svbebe. com> svbebe.com>
To: amelyachtowners@ <mailto:amelyachtow ners%40yahoogrou ps.com>
yahoogroups. com
Date: Tuesday, 4 May, 2010, 11:21 AM

Danny,

wrote:

Hi all, having successfully stripped and re-bearinged the main furler
gearbox am doing the outhaul. Have a problem, with the furler the centre
shaft came out quite easily, not so the outhaul gear box. I am refering to
the shaft that goes up through the gearbox and through the boom to the
pulley where it has an L that is bolted through to the pulley. It does not
want to come out. The whole box is dis-ssembled leaving just the top bearing
and housing hanging on the centre shaft. I have tried various methods of
pulling or pushing it up to no avail. Is there something I am missing? Can
anyone advise
Danny and Yvonne
Ocean Pearl SM 299

Danny,

Carlos is the owner of Shelter Bay Marina, Lina is the office manager and Bruce is the yard manager. Take a photo of where you placed the grease nipples and post it when you get a chance.

Best,

Bill
s/v BeBe, #387

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, Danny and Yvonne SIMMS <simms@...> wrote:

The people you mention Bill, are they on the staff here?

Danny and Yvonne
www.getjealous.com/danneve

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Bill, will do with the photos. The yard manager has changed I think, there is an Aussie Dave now. I will pass on your regards to the others.

Danny and Yvonne
SM 299 Ocean Pearl
www.getjealous.com/danneve

Carlos is the owner of Shelter Bay Marina, Lina is the office manager and Bruce is the yard manager. Take a photo of where you placed the grease nipples and post it when you get a chance.

Best,

Bill
s/v BeBe, #387

--- In amelyachtowners@ yahoogroups. com, Danny and Yvonne SIMMS <simms@...> wrote:

The people you mention Bill, are they on the staff here?

Danny and Yvonne
www.getjealous. com/danneve

Jim Dernehl <jim.dernehl@...>

Bill,

I am very close to bringing my boat to Shelter Bay Marina from
Boca's Del Toro in-order to install a new cutlass bearing and Generator.
I am planning to have the generator shipped from the USA to Shelter Bay
in the next 1-2 months. Would you have any comments regarding the work
quality and level of responsibility at this marina??

Best Jim Dernehl
PAO-SAN #88

________________________________

Carlos is the owner of Shelter Bay Marina, Lina is the office manager
and Bruce is the yard manager. Take a photo of where you placed the
grease nipples and post it when you get a chance.

Best,

Bill
s/v BeBe, #387

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com> , Danny and Yvonne SIMMS
<simms@...> wrote:

The people you mention Bill, are they on the staff here?

Danny and Yvonne
www.getjealous.com/danneve

richard03801@...

For whatever it is worth we replaced our gen set with a complete unit from Beta Marine great service phone 1 252 249 2473 they are in North Carolina.
Good luck.
Richard SM209
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

<simms@...> wrote:

The people you mention Bill, are they on the staff here?

Danny and Yvonne
www.getjealous.com/danneve

Jim,

If Bruce Winship bruce"at"shelterbaymarina.com is there, then yes, I would have complete confidence that he will get the work done. At the time we were there, we got to know Bruce fairly well. He is a cruiser who is also a building construction engineer. He supervised most of the construction of Shelter Bay. When we were there, Bruce had a yard crew of about 6-10 employees and he also had several independent marine mechanical and engineering firms that he used as subcontractors.

Email him and see what he says.

Also, if you will email me your email address (bill"at"svbebe.com), I will send your email address to the owner of Shelter Bay and get him in the loop for you.

Best,

Bill
s/v BeBe, #387
Currently Malaysia