Maramu Galley Sink Drain Odour Solution - Chlorine Tablets

bootlegger@...

This is the most useful piece of information I've seen in here for a
while. It has provided me with and instant solution to a problem I've been
unable to properly overcome since purchasing my SM2 three years ago.

Thankfully I've got the solution before leaving the ABC islands for the
San Blas islands where I suspect any enquiries for items such as chlorine
tablets is unlikely to result in anything more than blank stares by way of
response.

Thank you and thank you again Trevor.

FRANK NEWTON
"Bootlegger of Mann"
Amel SM2 # 321

Hi Gary,
just chuck a couple in the bilge every two or three weeks when
living on board and I always throw in three or four before I leave
the boat for a while.
I have no idea of brand, but the boat has been in South America for the
past eighteen months and I have been able to find them in hardware stores
or supermarkets. Every time that I do spot them I tend to purchase a
quantity.
your aye,
Trevor
Seafever of Cuan
--- In amelyachtowners@..., "gwollenberg" <bozocinq@...>
wrote:

Trevor,
Where do you put the chlorine tablets? In the bulge? Second,where did
you get the chlorine tablets (vendor,size, type, etc.?)?
Thanks,
Gary Wollenberg
AMEL 54
"Bozo Cinq"

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "seafeverofcuan"
<seafeverofcuan@> wrote:

Kent,
when I bought my Super Maramu in 07, there were several bottles of
chlorine tablets on board, similar to those that you would add to
a swimming pool daily. I couldn't understand what these were for
,so I threw them out!
Mid Atlantic December 2008 the smell was so bad I was ready to throw
the fridge over board. The odour had travelled to the fore and aft
cabins from the bilge along the plastic pipes, it was gut wrenching.
On arriving in Brazil I had Patrick Nagels from "Amelcaramel" on board
and I was apologising for the smell. His reply,
"don't you have any chlorine tablets on board? everyone in France uses
them"
I have never had a problem since!
fair winds,
Trevor Lusty
Seafever of Cuan
no 425

--- In amelyachtowners@..., Kent Robertson <karkauai@>
wrote:

I KNEW someone would have answers to the odor problem.
Thanks, Bob, will give it a try.
Kent
SM243
KRISTY