From: Thomas <thomas.kleman@...>
Subject: [Amel] Brushes for Leroy-Somer furling and outhaul motors (24 v, 25 amp)
To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Thursday, 11, November, 2010, 4:09 AM

I've heard that "any good alternator shop" advice on getting brushes for these motors.......tried that and the place everyone recommends/uses in Annapolis wasnt much help. Has anybody actually procured brushes for these motors and specifically where were you able to make this purchase ?

Bonus question- Are the cabinet latches still made/available by Amel ?

Thanks,

Tom and Kirstin
L'ORIENT
SM2K #422

Chris Smither <yachtakwaaba@...>

Hi All.
   The brushes for the 12v and 24v motors are, (I'm not certain but I believe), a standard metric size. Good news if you are leaving the US, not so otherwise.
   I have, certainly, had no problem getting my furling motors, and the bow thruster motor serviced  here in Thailand.

Mike
Santorin "Akwaaba"

From: Thomas <thomas.kleman@...>

To: amelyachtowners@...