[Amel] Bilge Pump

hans tijssen <tijssen.hans@...>

You might contact Sig.Fortunato Calabro, feitpompe at libero.it, tel.nr.+39
11 988 4327.
He sold me a new nylon ring for about Euro 35 two years ago.
Good luck,

Hans Tijssen
"Tishuit" SM 120
Greece

2011/3/1 LaFrance <pflafrance@...>

Our Bilge Pump gearing has broken and we are wondering if there any info on
replacement parts or is there a factory rep in the US or Caribbean. The part
that is broken is the nylon ring off the motor that makes the pump diaphragm
work. No part number on the replacement/rebuild package. The pump is made by
A>M>F> Pompe s.r.l. No web site found for them

Paul LaFrance
SV NOMAD SM362

karkauai

I found the same thing. Replaced with Jabsco. Can send you pics of installation if you'd like.
Kent
SM243
KRISTY

Martin <yachtcaduceus@...>

The gearing on our Reya/AMFA bilge pump has broken and as we are in the USA rather than spend a long time getting the parts or a new pump I am considering replacing it with a Jabasco pump for which spare parts are more universally obtainable.

I have found a 24v belt driven Jabasco pump (34600) but note that this only has 1 inch inlet and outlets rather than the slightly larger ones on the Reya pump used by AMEL. I see from the thread 2 years ago that various replacements have been used. Can anyone advise please and if you have a satisfactory replacement perhaps some photographs of the installation.

Thanks,
Martin Bevan
Caduceus
Amel 54 #56

karkauai

Hi, Martin,
That's the pump I put on my boat.  I used a 1 inch hose on the barbs and that fit nicely into the larger hoses coming from the bilge and output.  I had to fashion an L-shaped shelf that fit where the old pump was mounted and used all the same wiring.  I've had two of the valves fail in the last 2 years.  The rubber valves are fine but the small "rivet" connector is poorly crimped on all of them.  I've peened it a bit more on the replacement valves since the second one failed but I'm not convinced that will be enough.  Next one that fails, I'm going to replace the "rivet" with a small stainless bolt and nylon washer which should last a long time.  I'd buy at least one more set of valves if that's the pump you decide to go with.  Too bad the valves are poorly designed/made, the pump is otherwise robust and should last a long time.

Sorry, no pics with me.  Dont know when I'll be back on the boat, but I can take a pic of the installation and send it to you next time I'm there.

Hope this helps.
Kent
SM 243
KRISTY