triatic

Patrick McAneny

I am dropping my mast next Monday to rerig and I need to decide to add insulators to the triatic or not.I probably won't ever be using it as an antennae so I can not see the reason for the insulator and neither can the rigger. Is there another purpose it serves that justifies the expense? Secondly,regarding the headstay ,outside of drilling out the rivets and backing off the set screws, is there anything else that would prevent the forestay aluminum extrusion from come free from the motor.I do not want to start lifting the mast and find that the furler will not seperate.
Thanks,
Pat SM 123

luvkante

On my Amel 54 it is used as antenna for NAVTEX.