In water bow thruster service

george cerillo

I am looking for some information from someone who has changed the seals of the bow thruster without hauling. I have a few questions and would appreciate hearing from someone who has had hands on experiece.

George Cerillo
SM #353
s/y Indecent

George,

I have not done it in the water, but I uploaded a set of in-the-water instructions that I originally received from Charlie Cronheim S/V MALAIKA II. You will find in the Files section of this websitea a newly uploaded file titled "Bow Thruster in the water repair.pdf"

I believe it will all make sense if you also download and print "BOW THRUSTER SERVICE by Gary Silver.pdf" from the files section of this website, and view and/or download from the Photo section of this website two photo albums entitled "SM227" and "BOW THRUSTER SERVICE".

I hope this helps,

Bill
s/v BeBe, SM2k, #387
Currently Male, Maldives

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "Pirate" <gmcerillo@...> wrote:

I am looking for some information from someone who has changed the seals of the bow thruster without hauling. I have a few questions and would appreciate hearing from someone who has had hands on experiece.

George Cerillo
SM #353
s/y Indecent

Alain Feuillet <alainfeuillet@...>

Dear all,
Here is a documented procedure to change seals of the bow thruster "in
water". Sorry it is in french but with a lot of photograps;
Hope it will help

Cheers from sunny Gruissan (Gulf of Lion)
Alain

drew_gaffney <drew.gaffney@...>

Hi George,
Removing the thruster in the water is not difficult. I've done it and would be happy to try to answer your questions.
Drew
S/V Revelation SM390