Current in the bow truster at starting !! (link is her corect)

jlm@jlmertz.fr

I broke without making a wrong action :
- All nylon screw of the propeller,
- The motor shaft
- The internal parts

so I recently measured the current in the bowthuster: 950A! at starting.

Hopping it can help you anderstandsomme some problems.
jluc CottonBay

Jurgen <jurgenjohanssen@...>

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "Jean-Luc" <jlm@...> wrote:

I broke without making a wrong action :
- All nylon screw of the propeller,
- The motor shaft
- The internal parts

so I recently measured the current in the bowthuster: 950A! at starting.

Hopping it can help you anderstandsomme some problems.
jluc CottonBay
Hi Jean-luc,

as I wrote recently I lost my bow thruster propeller unit alltogether into the sea (except the motor) while ankering in a Greek bay. I have written twice to Amel asking them whether they have spares.No answer up to now. So I agree the after sales service is not too good. So what are you going to do?
Good luck
Jurgen Mango 'Argo VI'