[Amel] Amel 54 Survey

Richard03801 <richard03801@...>

Duncan. When we prep'd our boat for being here in 60 cycle land we put a water tight 110 box in the engine room then ran wires using the A
Amel wire ways and added plugs as needed. The 110 power came from a 2500 watt inverter 24v to 110 with an inline breaker.

We also removed the Amel supplied battery charger and installed a 90 to 260 volt 50/60 cycle smart 100 amp charger running off the 220 breaker/get set so no matter the dock voltage we can run most of the boat. If we must have 220 for AC/Heat or washer we use the gen set.

We DO NOT SUGGEST a combo. Charger/inverter.

Regards

Richard Piller

Cell 603 767 5330

On Nov 1, 2011, at 20:04, "Duncan Hagemeyer" <wdhagemeyer@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Kent,

A SM on an Oklahoma lake! Is that the big one on the TX OK border? Where
is SM 243 today?

Thanks for your insight and sharing your experiences. I sure do hope that I
can figure out the 220/110 mystery and become comfortable with managing the
systems myself. I do have the time, and it does sound like the Amel Group
is going to be a valuable resource. I did get a good warning from Clive at
BVI that buying a Euro boat and living in US or English waters requires
caution and understanding of this difference.

I have stated before I am looking for the right management team. I would
presume that the right manager is also going to be a good teacher. Possibly
that will be on St. Marten or Martinique. I do know one of my intitial
goals for buying an Amel was I wish to take a boat to Europe (Med) and base
there for at least a couple of winters and a summer. With this boat it
would be ashame to miss that part of the world.

This brings me to the issue of documentation. Any advice? I would like to
keep it in my Delaware LLC that housed my old Freedom. I have studied the
internet and it appears there are lots of options. I guess it is not time
to talk about an exit (sale) but lots of chatter out there about problems
with offshore registration and gaining a release of the papers. Any help
appreciated.

Again, thanks for all the comments,

Duncan

[...]

Hi Eric,

I will pass this on to my surveyor Martial Barriel. I have not read his survey report yet. I guess when one rates women and boats it is in the eye of the beholder (owner). I sure agree that the systems that were checked must work or I will be disappointed in the rating of 8. There were lots of issues with this boat. Not the least of which, was the seller was very fair in his pricing of the yacht and it offers a bit of room to fix or upgrade to my specifications.

I wish that I did not love the mountains and my ranch in Montana and could keep her afloat and a hand onboard to steer her around the summer storms and keep the systems operable. I absolutely agree that boats love water not land.

Your #376 Kimberlite...where is she located?

Fair winds,

Duncan

On Oct 30, 2011, at 7:38 PM, kimberlite wrote:

Duncan.

A 7 out of 10 is not good for such a new boat. Kimberlite is 9 years old and I would rate it at least 9 out of 10.

Amels have many systems, I would really have someone go through everything and double check it all. Parts from Amel plus freight are expensive

I would also suggest that you head south in the summer and keep the boat in the water. It is much better for the boat.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite

_____