To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
From: nausikaa@inode.at
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 14:02:41 +0000
Subject: [Amel] vibration engine mount

Hello,

First of all I would like to introduce ourselves. Since last summer my
wife Renate

and me (Gerhard) are proud owners of the Santorin #119 "NOMAD"

This group helped us a lot to get many detailed information about the
yacht.

NOMAD is now for the winter in Greece and is waiting for some renewals.

I would like to change the vibration engine mount and need some
information.

What are the main characteristics of this parts?

Where could I find suitable replacements?

Thanks a lot for all the information here.

Renate & Gerhard, Santorin #119, NOMAD

Giovanni TESTA

Hi Paul,
what is please " Flex coupling " ?
I have some low vibrations at 1800/1900 rpm ( propeller cleaned )
Gianni
sv EUTIKIA, SM 2K n 428

From: nausikaa@inode.at
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 14:02:41 +0000

Hello,

First of all I would like to introduce ourselves. Since last summer my
wife Renate

and me (Gerhard) are proud owners of the Santorin #119 "NOMAD"

This group helped us a lot to get many detailed information about the
yacht.

NOMAD is now for the winter in Greece and is waiting for some renewals.

I would like to change the vibration engine mount and need some
information.

What are the main characteristics of this parts?

Where could I find suitable replacements?

Thanks a lot for all the information here.

Renate & Gerhard, Santorin #119, NOMAD

Paul LaFrance <pflafrance@...>

Giovanni
The flex coupling is between the transmissin and the vertical shaft that goes down to through the right angle drve to the prop shaft. Amel on later models had a brake attached to it or a generator drive if the transmission was not hydralic. The flex coupling is about 5 -7 cm from the end of the transmission. The purpose of the is to allow for flexability between the engine and drive. The flex cupling from Vetus is rated for up to 4 degrees deviation so that you would not feel any vibration until you went over 1500 rpm. On ours the inner ring was broken on the part closest to the transmission and was not evident until we undid the motor and moved it back
http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/06fa8bec#/06fa8bec/48
It is a type 6

Paul LaFrance
SV NOMAD SM362

To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com

From: nausikaa@inode.at
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 14:02:41 +0000

Hello,

First of all I would like to introduce ourselves. Since last summer my
wife Renate

and me (Gerhard) are proud owners of the Santorin #119 "NOMAD"

This group helped us a lot to get many detailed information about the
yacht.

NOMAD is now for the winter in Greece and is waiting for some renewals.

I would like to change the vibration engine mount and need some
information.

What are the main characteristics of this parts?

Where could I find suitable replacements?

Thanks a lot for all the information here.

Renate & Gerhard, Santorin #119, NOMAD

Giovanni TESTA

Paul,
thanks so much for very kind support. Now I know, when I'll be again on board ( Raiatea, CNI ) I try to check.
Is it necessary to move back the engine as it seems ? or to remove only the disc and than the flex coupling ? which "d" ?
Gianni Testa
sv EUTIKIA SM428
Venezia