From: Rob Smith <robfromcornwall.1966@...>
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Sent: Sun, Mar 21, 2021 3:08 pm
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Linear drive installation

Hi Pat

I'd be very interested in seeing your linear drive installation pictures too.

Regards
Rob

FORESIGHT

SM #152

On Sun, 21 Mar 2021, 12:51 Patrick McAneny via groups.io, <sailw32=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Eamonn, You came to the same conclusion as I did. I originally took a photo from an Amel  with a factory installed drive ,and intended to install mine in the same way. It became clear that to do so, I would need to cut out structural stringers and cut out the tabbing that secured the plywood bed base on the starboard side to remove it ,none of which I was willing to do. Also to mount the drive and to calculate the throw (travel) of the arm ,would have been very hard . As you said , the way I installed it ,only required a small amount of cosmetic change ,and I enclosed the arm within a small mahogany box that is up and out of the way,which you never even notice .
From my photos you can see where I mounted the base to the bulkhead under the bed , I added (epoxied ) backing plates and spacers . I will take some addition photos and measurements and send them along or place them in the photo section along with the rest of my photos on the subject,if that is possible. I will have to consult with my in house nerd , Diane on that. It is all that I can do to reply (type) with my two index fingers. They did not teach typing back in my day , as it was before the invention of the typewriter. Well my fingers are sore ,see ya.
Pat
SM Shenanigans #123