[Amel] Copper Coat Antifoul

Ivan Campbell <i-campbell@...>

Hi
I have been using copper coat for 3 years. Ocean Hobo is currently in Mallorca. We crossed to St Lucia in theARC2010. We remained in St Lucia until Easter that year and returned via The Azores. We only needed to touch up around the waterline before recrossing. In fact I raised the waterline a few inches and have had no growth last time I was on the boat in October last.
A great product which has worked well in the Med and the Carribbean

Ivan Campbell

On 16 Feb 2012, at 09:39, "mike.k.johnson@btinternet.com" <mike.k.johnson@btinternet.com> wrote:

Has anyone used Copper Coat antifoul on an Amel Super Maramu?

I'm considering a change from Micron Extra and would appreciate anyone's real life experience with Copper Coat.

Mike

Solitude
SM461

Mike Johnson

Dear Ivan,

Thanks for the positive feedback. When I discussed the change with Amel they raised a concern that there might be an electrolysis issue because of the yachts unique grounding and bonding systems. Have you observed any changes in the rate of erosion on anodes etc?

Mike

Solitude

SM461

On 16 Feb 2012, at 09:39, "mike.k.johnson@btinternet.com <mailto:mike.k.johnson%40btinternet.com> " <mike.k.johnson@btinternet.com <mailto:mike.k.johnson%40btinternet.com> > wrote:

Has anyone used Copper Coat antifoul on an Amel Super Maramu?

I'm considering a change from Micron Extra and would appreciate anyone's real life experience with Copper Coat.

Mike

Solitude
SM461

Ivan Campbell <i-campbell@...>

Hi Mike

There doesn’t seem to have been any unusual effect on the anodes. Certainly last year the anodes lasted the usual time . I have been away from Ocean Hobo since October but will be visiting in April and will be lifting out then so we will see.

I am certainly very satisfied with the product. From what I had previously read I expected a lot of extra growth when in the Caribbean but this did not occur albeit I was only there for 6 months.

Fair winds

On 16 Feb 2012, at 09:39, "mike.k.johnson@btinternet.com <mailto:mike.k.johnson%40btinternet.com> <mailto:mike.k.johnson%40btinternet.com> " <mike.k.johnson@btinternet.com <mailto:mike.k.johnson%40btinternet.com> <mailto:mike.k.johnson%40btinternet.com> > wrote:

Has anyone used Copper Coat antifoul on an Amel Super Maramu?

I'm considering a change from Micron Extra and would appreciate anyone's real life experience with Copper Coat.

Mike

Solitude
SM461

_____