Wind generator - photos - plans

ferruccilorenzo <ferruccilorenzo@...>

Hi everyone, we want to install an Air breeze on our SM2000. Two years ago we had it mount on mizen mast, but did not convince me much, for the weight and balance.

Now we would install it on pole in the stern portion. Do You have any photos of a wind generator installed?
(I have no idea of the surface of the plate should have and where I can mount it). We're scared about drill our Red Passion :)

Is Stainless steel (inox aisi 316) the right material? Is aluminum better?

Thanks a lot to everyone who read me.

Lorenzo SM2000 #420 Red Passion (Italy)

jjjk12s <jjjk12s@...>

I have uploaded a picture of our wind generator location on our Maramu. Not an ideal picture but the only one I have at the moment. The base of the stainless steel pole is attached to a plate that is bolted through the transom. The pole is supported by two struts bolted to the toe-rail and by two backets on the pushpit. The wiring for the solar and wind generator goes through the transom and the electronics are behind the panel in the cubby on the starboard aft side of the aft cabin. I have just changed the bearings in the Airogen 6 and was able to access and lower the unit quite easily.

John Popeye Maramu 91

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "ferruccilorenzo" <ferruccilorenzo@...> wrote:

Hi everyone, we want to install an Air breeze on our SM2000. Two years ago we had it mount on mizen mast, but did not convince me much, for the weight and balance.

Now we would install it on pole in the stern portion. Do You have any photos of a wind generator installed?
(I have no idea of the surface of the plate should have and where I can mount it). We're scared about drill our Red Passion :)

Is Stainless steel (inox aisi 316) the right material? Is aluminum better?

Thanks a lot to everyone who read me.

Lorenzo SM2000 #420 Red Passion (Italy)

Miles Bidwell <mbidwell@...>

I have had an Air X on top of the mizzen over 10 years with no problems.
It is quieter and the wind is better at the top. Why don't you want it
there?

Miles Bidwell, S/Y Ladybug, sm216

ferruccilorenzo <ferruccilorenzo@...>

Thanks to all, whenever you write you are kind and thorough.

I think I understood that from your actual experience should mount the wind generator above the mizzen-mast. I already have a ready support in stainless steel aisi 316 (I have attached a photo in the album "Red Passion").

Should I have to put rubber between the alluminum mast and stainless steel support to avoid the interaction between different material ? (alluminium and stainless steel).

I have to do the same between generator (alluminium and coated) and stainless steel support?

Best regards, sorry for my bad English (it's not my fault, it's Google!!)

:D