From: "ferruccilorenzo" <ferruccilorenzo@...>
To: amelyachtowners@...
Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2012 9:24:22 AM
Subject: [Amel] Wind generator - photos - plans

Hi everyone, we want to install an Air breeze on our SM2000. Two years ago we had it mount on mizen mast, but did not convince me much, for the weight and balance.

Now we would install it on pole in the stern portion. Do You have any photos of a wind generator installed?
(I have no idea of the surface of the plate should have and where I can mount it). We're scared about drill our Red Passion :)

Is Stainless steel (inox aisi 316) the right material? Is aluminum better?

Thanks a lot to everyone who read me.

Lorenzo SM2000 #420 Red Passion (Italy)

eric meury <ericmeury@...>

I had the an old red baron installed on a 30 foot cheoy lee ketch (wooden masts)...it lived up there for 8 years before i bought the boat from chris parker.  (weather guy).

Seemed to work for them and it worked for me while i had the boat.  I really don't see why it would be a problem on a SM, especially since the wind gen are so much lighter now.