Eumenia Mini 5500 Dishwasher Parts? >>>Contact Made and Part Ordered

Armin,

Thank you very much for the help.

I was able to contact them via email. They have the part I need which is the Heating Element for the Eumenia Mini 5500. It is part number 031 508 and it cost €62.40 plus freight.

The email I used to contact is: ersatzteile"at"schabauer-service.at

Regards,

Bill
BeBe, SM2k, #387
Currently N Cyprus

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "N4796P@..." <n4796p@...> wrote:

Sorry it was a fault from me again.

The correct address is _not_ ersatzteil(dot)schabauer-service(dot)at

The correct address is:__ ersatzteile(at)schabauer-service(dot)at

Your can find all contact informations on: www(dot)schabauer-service(dot)at

Sorry for the faults, but I am doing this just beside my work and I am a
little bit short on time.

Armin

Am 02.04.2012 16:33, schrieb svsummerlove:

Hi Armin,

I tried sending an email to ersatzteil.schabauer-service.at, but gmail
won't send it due to "incorrect address". If this IS the correct
address, I'll try using my Yahoo account instead.

I used Babylon.com to translate the following request into German:

"Guten Tag,

Entschuldigen Sie bitte mein Deutsch. Ich bin mit einem online
Übersetzer aus dem Englischen. Bitte antworten auf Englisch, wenn möglich.

Ich möchte teile für die Eumenia 5500 Mini Spülmaschine. Die folgenden
Teile sind noch vorhanden, und wie viel kosten sie?

A429040000 FührungsgehaÅNuse kpl .M 5005

und

A429008050 Deckelstütze kpl.kurz 103,5mm 5321601 - 5359999

vielmals Dank,

Steve Constantine

Segelschiff Summer Love"

Would you please confirm that it makes sense and doesn't contain any
inappropriate or offensive expressions?

Many thanks,

Steve
SM 340
Summer Love

--- In amelyachtowners@...
<mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com>, "N4796P@" <n4796p@>
wrote:

The e-mail address is: ersatzteil(dot)schabauer-service(dot)at

Armin

Am 02.04.2012 15:25, schrieb Judy and Bill aboard SV BeBe:

Armin,

Yahoo strips the email address and what I received was this:
"ersatzteile@"

Can you tell me if the complete email address for parts is:
ersatzteile"at"eudora.at

Bill
BeBe, SM2k, #387
Currently N Cyprus

--- In amelyachtowners@...
<mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com>, "N4796P@" <n4796p@>
wrote:

I have now checked (by phone) the contact informations at
www.eudora.at
and have now new information about buying spare parts.

The right e-mail address is: ersatzteile@
Phone calls: +43 2236 8120 73, +43 2236 8120 76, +43 2236 8120 77

If the spare parts still exist, they will send the spare parts
where
you
want (after paying in advance).

Armin

svsummerlove <svsummerlove@...>

I was also able to reach them using that email address, and they have the lid parts I need too.

Bill,

How did you pay for the parts? I'm still trying to figure out if they have a secure ordering site (i.e. https), and I don't want to send credit card info in an email.

Thanks,
Steve
SM 340
Summer Love
Currently in Grenda

wrote:

I have now checked (by phone) the contact informations at
www.eudora.at
and have now new information about buying spare parts.

The right e-mail address is: ersatzteile@
Phone calls: +43 2236 8120 73, +43 2236 8120 76, +43 2236 8120 77

If the spare parts still exist, they will send the spare parts
where
you
want (after paying in advance).

Armin

Steve,

They require wire transfer...sorry.

They will send you an invoice in German with bank wiring instructions...use Google Translate

Bill
BeBe

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "svsummerlove" <svsummerlove@...> wrote:

I was also able to reach them using that email address, and they have the lid parts I need too.

Bill,

How did you pay for the parts? I'm still trying to figure out if they have a secure ordering site (i.e. https), and I don't want to send credit card info in an email.

svsummerlove <svsummerlove@...>

Thanks Bill. Wire transfer is a little slow maybe, but it's also safer than credit card info over the phone.

Steve
SM 340
Summer Love
Currently in Grenada

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "Judy and Bill aboard SV BeBe" <yahoogroups@...> wrote:

Steve,

They require wire transfer...sorry.

They will send you an invoice in German with bank wiring instructions...use Google Translate

Bill
BeBe

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "svsummerlove" <svsummerlove@> wrote:

I was also able to reach them using that email address, and they have the lid parts I need too.

Bill,

How did you pay for the parts? I'm still trying to figure out if they have a secure ordering site (i.e. https), and I don't want to send credit card info in an email.

Dave_Benjamin

Steve,

If you use a credit card, there is recourse available if a merchant fails to deliver the proper item. You can dispute a transaction and the laws are actually slanted in favor of the consumer. With a wire transfer, the money is gone and no recourse is available.

We have been accepting credit cards over the phone for 8 years and I've never had a customer experience a problem. We do business around the world. More recently we have started to use online card processing.

I know of a few people that made the mistake of paying with a wire transfer for sails to a loft in Asia. The sails were improperly made and the loft did nothing to resolve the problem. Had the transaction been made with a credit card, the customer would have some leverage.

If you are somewhere where you are concerned about security of communication, you can send part of the information by email and the rest by phone. If you are sending by email, it is better to send the info as a graphic or photo then just typing numbers and address into body of an email as keystroke logging can occur in internet cafes and such.

[...]

Dave,

Good advice, but this company does not take credit cards. That is the reason I answered Steve's question the way I did.

Bill
BeBe

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "Dave_Benjamin" <dave_benjamin@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks Dave.

I agree with you, and I do make transactions using "allegedly secure" online https sites, so far without incident.

In this case, they won't accept credit cards, and for Mini 5500 parts they're the only game in town. It's cash payment in advance (including the cost of shipping) or nothing goes out. They might have been burned in the past, but they aren't taking any chances.

My concern about giving out the credit card info is that emails are not the least bit secure, and Skype is essentially just email that you can talk over. That leaves cell phone, which is a bit more secure, but requires a worldwide calling card to place the order. So far, I've had to correspond with them entirely in German, and I don't know any German. In writing, I can use google translate or Babylon.com, but if I call them directly, not much past "guten tag" will be understood by either end. If it were necessary to call directly, I'd need to ask one of the German speaking cruisers here in Grenada to make the call for me.

Steve
SM 340
Summer Love
Currently in Grenada

[...]

Since the cost of the money wire is going to be twice as much as the parts themselves, I thought I'd order a spare heater element while I'm at it (if for no other reason than to guarantee the old one never fails). In the parts list that Armin provided, it shows the 031508 below that you ordered (which is described as a 2KW 240V element), and also one with the part number 031505, (which is 3KW 220V).

Before I order it, was the 031508 the correct one when you received and installed it? Did they happen to say what the other one (the 031505) is for?

Many thanks,

Steve
2002 SM2K 340
Summer Love
Currently in Grenada

wrote:

I have now checked (by phone) the contact informations at
www.eudora.at
and have now new information about buying spare parts.

The right e-mail address is: ersatzteile@
Phone calls: +43 2236 8120 73, +43 2236 8120 76, +43 2236 8120 77

If the spare parts still exist, they will send the spare parts
where
you
want (after paying in advance).

Armin

Mark,

I can't guaranty the part number because the part was shipped to Texas and I have not received it yet. However, my old element is marked 2000W and I assume I want it rated for 240V rather than 220V which would be USA voltage. The part number on my old element is "BLECKMAN IF40 17027" and does not correspond to the numbers below.

The parts list reads:
Item Part# Description
26 031505 Heizkörper 220V 3000W Mini
26 031508 Heizkörper 240V 2000W Mini

I hope this helps you.

Bill
BeBe, SM2k, #387
Currently N Cyprus

wrote:

I have now checked (by phone) the contact informations at
www.eudora.at
and have now new information about buying spare parts.

The right e-mail address is: ersatzteile@
Phone calls: +43 2236 8120 73, +43 2236 8120 76, +43 2236 8120 77

If the spare parts still exist, they will send the spare parts
where
you
want (after paying in advance).

Armin

svsummerlove <svsummerlove@...>

Thanks Bill.

I'll order the same one as you did. Mine will also be shipped to the US, but I should be able to look at it before you get yours.

Are you aware of any other parts that typically fail or wear out sooner than most. I may as well order those too while I'm at it.

Thanks,

Steve
2002 SM2k 340
Summer Love
Currently in Grenada

wrote:

I have now checked (by phone) the contact informations at
www.eudora.at
and have now new information about buying spare parts.

The right e-mail address is: ersatzteile@
Phone calls: +43 2236 8120 73, +43 2236 8120 76, +43 2236 8120 77

If the spare parts still exist, they will send the spare parts
where
you
want (after paying in advance).

Armin

Mark,

If you are talking about convenience items, you may want to order a Universal Askoll Washing Machine Magnet Motor Pump (ES1087464)from espares.com £9.99 inc VAT. It is the most common failure on the Thomson clothes washer. Easy to replace.

I have an excel spreadsheet of the spares we have on our circumnavigation that I can send if you like.

Best,

Bill
BeBe, SM2k, #387

wrote:

I have now checked (by phone) the contact informations at
www.eudora.at
and have now new information about buying spare parts.

The right e-mail address is: ersatzteile@
Phone calls: +43 2236 8120 73, +43 2236 8120 76, +43 2236 8120 77

If the spare parts still exist, they will send the spare parts
where
you
want (after paying in advance).

Armin

svsummerlove <svsummerlove@...>

Thanks Bill.

Actually, I meant spares for the dishwasher specifically, since I'd be paying a hefty fee for a wire transfer regardless of the number of items I buy. Just trying to justify the cost of the wire.

I have a download of your spares list from the files. Is that the same one?

Steve

wrote:

I have now checked (by phone) the contact informations at
www.eudora.at
and have now new information about buying spare parts.

The right e-mail address is: ersatzteile@
Phone calls: +43 2236 8120 73, +43 2236 8120 76, +43 2236 8120 77

If the spare parts still exist, they will send the spare parts
where
you
want (after paying in advance).

Armin

Steve,

Yes, that is my spares list, although some things have changed. I will delete that one and upload a new one in a few days.

Regarding spares for the dishwasher, I do not have any suggestions because I do not have enough experience with the Mini 5500.

Bill
BeBe, SM2k, #387
Currently Cyprus

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "svsummerlove" <svsummerlove@...> wrote:

Thanks Bill.

Actually, I meant spares for the dishwasher specifically, since I'd be paying a hefty fee for a wire transfer regardless of the number of items I buy. Just trying to justify the cost of the wire.

I have a download of your spares list from the files. Is that the same one?

Steve

svsummerlove <svsummerlove@...>

Great. Thanks Bill. I'll download it when I see the new one.

Steve