Shaft replacement

Bob Sarff <bsarff@...>

The prop shaft on my 1985 Maramu is out of tolerance and I' being told thAt I should replace it while my engine is out ( I'm replacing my Perkins with a Yanmar). Te popo shop is recommending a stainless steel shaft rather the a bronze one. Is there a problem making thin change?

Thanks for your advise.

Bob
Maramu hin 173

Bob Sarff <bsarff@...>

Corrected some typo errors.

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Sarff" <bsarff@...> wrote:

The prop shaft on my 1985 Maramu is out of tolerance (it's .008 inch at tapered section) and I'm being told that I should replace it while my engine is out ( I'm replacing my Perkins with a Yanmar). The prop shop is recommending a stainless steel shaft rather the a bronze one. Is there a problem making this change?

Thanks for your advise.

Bob
Maramu hin 173