Wind generator

p.aebersold

Hello, I intend to install a Wind Generator on top of the mizzen.
Now, there are two antennas, the longer ist most probably for the fastnet radio (navtex)and measures 150cm. If I install the generator on the mizzen, the pole of the generator has to be about 200cm to avoid the generator touching the antenna. Is this possible or should I rather consider the mounting in the stern by a separate pole?

Thank you for all type of comment
Paul
SM Luna Blu

rossny@mail.com

Hi all,
In my research wind on wind generation I found this company at the Miami boat show, the design is original and looks like two barber poles mounted on each side of the mast to balance the weight. Called vertical access wind turbines and looks good to me ( but what do I know ). Please look at www dot kronosenergysolutions dot com. Has anyone seen them in use anywhere? They suggest 12' mount height, weigh 50 pounds and are made in Tennessee. Please evaluate and post your options.
thanks, ross

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "p.aebersold" <p.aebersold@...> wrote:

Now, there are two antennas, the longer ist most probably for the fastnet radio (navtex)and measures 150cm. If I install the generator on the mizzen, the pole of the generator has to be about 200cm to avoid the generator touching the antenna. Is this possible or should I rather consider the mounting in the stern by a separate pole?

Paul
SM Luna Blu

Dave_Benjamin

Ross,

50lbs is way too heavy in my opinion. You would need a much larger diameter pole to handle the loads when the boat pitches. The one we like weighs 20 lbs and puts out a lot of power even at lower speeds. Here's a link - http://cruiserowaterandpower.com/AirMaax_Wind_Turbine.html

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "rossny@..." <rossny@...> wrote:

Hi all,
In my research wind on wind generation I found this company at the Miami boat show, the design is original and looks like two barber poles mounted on each side of the mast to balance the weight. Called vertical access wind turbines and looks good to me ( but what do I know ). Please look at www dot kronosenergysolutions dot com. Has anyone seen them in use anywhere? They suggest 12' mount height, weigh 50 pounds and are made in Tennessee. Please evaluate and post your options.
thanks, ross
--- In amelyachtowners@..., "p.aebersold" <p.aebersold@> wrote:

Paul
SM Luna Blu