Foredeck Light/Steaming Light

karkauai

Hi everyone,
I've searched the site and can't find any definitive answer to this old ? from Eric. On KRISTY, SM243, the steaming light is AquaSignal, but the burned-out bulb doesn't have any markings indicating wattage. I'd like to replace the bulb with led. Does anyone know the wattage? Has anyone replaced this (and the bow nav lites) with led's?

Just below the steaming light is mounted a separate fixture for the deck flood. The bulb is the oft-cited 24V 50A Par36 bulb. Does anyone know who makes this flood fixture? Has anyone replaced this bulb with an led?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Kent
SM243
KRISTY
Currently Brunswick GA

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, kimberlite <kimberlite@...> wrote:

Does anyone know the manufacturer of the foredeck light mounted just below
the steaming light?

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite

Kent,

If you are asking about a Super Maramu...

Navigation and Anchor Bulbs:
Special vertical tungsten filament with BAY 15d bayonet socket:
Masthead (Steaming Light) - 25 watt
Port, Starboard - 25 watt
Stern 10 watt
Anchor - 10 watt

Spots:
50W GE #4505 for main mast deck light spot type light
50W GE #4593 for mizzen deck light fluted, diffused light

Dr. LED (direct or from WestMarine) makes LED AquaSignal replacements:
Anchor LED Replaces Aqua Signal #90003 (24V) or Hella #78291 (24V)
TriColor LED Replaces Aqua Signal #90003 (24V) for tri-color

This ought to do you...

Bill
BeBe, SM2k, #387
Currently Fethiye, Turkey

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "Kent" <karkauai@...> wrote:

[...]

Alejandro Paquin

In the 1981 Maramu we replaced the floodlight fixture with a Malibu brand plastic 12 v halogen garden lamp purchased at Home Depot in the US. Simple and inexpensive. Perfect fit. The steaming light bulb in our case is a festoon type bulb now also available in LED.
Alex

[...]

John S. Rogers <jsrogers@...>

Just to confirm the GE 4505 bulb fits the Super Maramu, forward deck flood
light, which is below the steaming light.

John Rogers

John,

50W GE #4505 is the bulb to use for main mast deck light...it is a spot type light. 50W GE #4593 for mizzen deck light...it is a fluted, diffused light.

Both are rated at 28vdc.

The last time I bought the 4505, I bought it from www.bulbconnection.com and paid $7.80USD each.

Bill
BeBe, SM2k, #387