ANCHOR CHAIN COUNTER DISPLAY

george cerillo

All,

I removed the malfunctioning Amel anchor chain counter display. Once removed from the helm station I opened the back of the unit up to troubleshoot. I found what looks like a broken transistor rolling around inside of it. Does anyone know where something like this can be repaired or would it be more cost effective to just replace?

Kim and George Cerillo
SM2K #353 Indecent
Puerto Rico

OR under ANCHOR CHAIN COUNTER DISPLAY (7 PHOTOS)

Kim & George,

Maybe this will help...

It depends mostly on how far away from the "disposable society" you are. I see you are PR. If you were in Cartagena, Colombia or Penang, Malaysia; I could tell you exactly where to go and have it repaired.

It is likely that there is an electronics repairman in PR. Ask and ask some more of the local people. You are looking for someone who will repair AM/FM radios, TV's, etc.

Bill
BeBe, SM2k, #387
Currently Fethiye, Turkey