Topics

[Amel] ANCHOR CHAIN COUNTER DISPLAY

jlm@jlmertz.fr

On the first photos I read "D1" that is NOT a transistor but a diode,
tray to put a new diode (1N 4148 or equivalent)
be careful to respect the sens (anode and cathode)

Bonne chance
jluc

Le 14/06/2012 23:17, sy INDECENT a écrit :

All,

I removed the malfunctioning Amel anchor chain counter display. Once
removed from the helm station I opened the back of the unit up to
troubleshoot. I found what looks like a broken transistor rolling
around inside of it. Does anyone know where something like this can be
repaired or would it be more cost effective to just replace?

Kim and George Cerillo
SM2K #353 Indecent
Puerto Rico

OR under ANCHOR CHAIN COUNTER DISPLAY (7 PHOTOS)

Stefano Biffi

Hallo everybody, i have some trouble with the counter indicator. I've already changed the sensor and it works. Any one has the manual or the instruction how to use the buttons on the chain indicator? Thanks
Stefano on board n'everest SM 195 in Sardinia

Inviato da iPad

Kimberly Cerillo <kcvabeach@...>

Jluc,

Thanks so much for your expertise! I am certainly not an electrician, so I
guessed that the part may be a transistor, thank you for your correction.

Kim and George Cerillo

SM2K #353 Indecent

On the first photos I read "D1" that is NOT a transistor but a diode,
tray to put a new diode (1N 4148 or equivalent)
be careful to respect the sens (anode and cathode)

Bonne chance
jluc

Le 14/06/2012 23:17, sy INDECENT a écrit :

All,

I removed the malfunctioning Amel anchor chain counter display. Once
removed from the helm station I opened the back of the unit up to
troubleshoot. I found what looks like a broken transistor rolling
around inside of it. Does anyone know where something like this can be
repaired or would it be more cost effective to just replace?

Kim and George Cerillo
SM2K #353 Indecent
Puerto Rico

st
OR under ANCHOR CHAIN COUNTER DISPLAY (7 PHOTOS)

jluc.mertz@gmail.com <jluc.mertz@...>

Do you need one ?
To replace it, it is very easy, you can do this or send me this devise.
where are you ?
you can call me for advise (00 33 663 393 174)
JLM Cottonbay underway,
sailing to Sant Carles de la RAPITA (Spain)

From: amelyachtowners@...
[...]

I hope you get an answer Stefano, we are also having issues. I had the
sensor replaced and the diode (thanks Jluc) but every time I turn on the
display it illuminates then shuts off which we think is a short.

The wiring has been a bear, the wiring schematic shows

Top left of schematic displays three Power leads but only the bottom two are
used (white and brown in that order)

Top right shows three Sensor leads (brown, white and green in that order)

Bottom left three Tiller leads but only bottom two are used (brown, white in
that order)

Bottom right five leads which are not connected

The problem is when we dismantled the display, the bottom left Tiller leads
were wired white/brown instead of the schematic of brown/white.

The schematic does state (though no graphic)

Lighting

Reset Counter

Switch Off

RESET X