From: "Look@..." <look@...>
Sender: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 18:44:08
To: <amelyachtowners@...>
Subject: [Amel] Which boat do you recommend?

Hello everyone,

I'm not an Amel owner....yet. But I'm looking for your advice. There
are 7 of us in my family (5 kids under 12) and we're looking for an Amel
(ketch) that'll comfortably fit us. I've looked online at various Amel
53 Super Maramu's which look most suitable to me. However, we do need
sleeping space...that's for sure.

Amel's look like a true and strong blue-water cruiser and the 53's are
probably the length we'd need.

Our cruising plans? Well, let's just say we'd like to be able to sail
around the world in a well built boat.

Oh, a new Amel is out of our price range.

Do you have any suggestions or ideas? I sure would like to hear your ideas.

Earl

--
www.eBookRing.net

www.iPadRing.net

The designer and maker of the original eBook & iPad Ring
The perfect stand for eReaders, iPads, iPhones, tablet computers and other electronic devices.

Patent Pending

Look@iPadRing.net <look@...>

Kent,

In truth it seems you're correct and I've been looking at increasing
larger and larger boats realizing they just don't have the room to fit 7
comfortably. There are other considerations as well but they needn't be
addressed as yet.

To Amel's compliment is the reputation of a boat very well made and durable.

Earl

On 07/11/2012 07:21 PM, karkauai@... wrote:
Earl. That's an ambitious, awesome plan. You will be cramped in any boat in the 50ft range...hope you all get along famously(: You can probably sleep 3 smaller ones in the Vee berth, one in each of the sea berths, keeping the aft cabin for Mom and Pop. Most of us limit guests to two at a time. The SM is really designed for a couple to cruise the world. Whether you could redesign the forward cabin with bunks so all could have their own berth and retain enough storage depends on how much you are willing to alter the boat, how much money you are willing to spend, and what you feel you can do without.

I hope you can make it work. Sounds like a real challenge, but great fun and a great family adventure.

I'll be interested to hear what others have to say.
Steady as she goes.
Kent
SM243
Kristy
Currently Brunswick, GA
Sent from my BlackBerry smartphone powered by Alltel

[...]

Richard03801 <richard03801@...>

Hi Earl we spoke earlier today regarding an Amel there are a few well priced 54's that will much more comfortably suit you family. I will send along a layout.

Regards

Richard Piller

Cell 603 767 5330

On Jul 11, 2012, at 19:27, "Look@..." <look@...> wrote:

[...]

Richard,

Thanks for the reply. Please send along whatever you find.

Thank you,

Earl

<mailto:Look%40iPadRing.net>" <look@...