[Amel] Re: Lofrans Tigres switch covers

john martin <symoondog@...>

If you can't find the rubber covers for the switches, just cut a piece of flexible plastic and tape it on top of the buttons. Tape the forward end and the 2 sides,leaving the aft end open for ventilation. If you do a neat job , it will look good and protect your switches. I have used this cover for years and have never gotten any water in my push buttons. John "Moon Dog" SM248
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
From: grahamjohnston42@yahoo.com
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 09:43:02 +0100
Subject: Re: [Amel] Re: Lofrans Tigres motor replacement

Good day Gene,

The switches are located only a few miles away from me in the UK.

Here is a link to the website.

http://www.polevolt.co.uk/acatalog/Push_Button_Switches.html

The PBS4 is virtually identical to the ones that are fitted to Zephyr although unfortunately the body is made of steel and not brass. I have just taken a file to it to test it.

The PBS5 has a plastic body which appears to be more suitable although the securing nut is steel. The cover from the PBS5 fits the existing Amel fitted switch. I intend to fit the cover to our existing switch and to keep the body as a spare. I am still hunting replacement covers.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Graham

Zephyr Sharki 181

________________________________

From: "GrahamJohnston42" <mailto:grahamjohnston42%40yahoo.com>

Sender: mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com

Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 08:17:47

To: <mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com>

Subject: [Amel] Re: Lofrans Tigres motor replacement

Hi all,

Has anyone got the part number of the windlass switches as Vetus UK deny that they are their product and I need a couple?

Regards

Graham

Sharki 181 Zephyr

--- In mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com, Sailormon <kimberlite@...> wrote:

Hi,
The switches and covers are made by Vetus DenOunden
Fair Winds
Eric
Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite
_____