[Amel] MARAMU Awning with rain catchment function

Anne and John Hollamby <annejohnholl@...>

Hello Andy, On my last boat Anne made an awning with built in side curtains. On one side near the water filler cap she made canvas gutters by folding strips of canvas and stitching them on to the side curtain in a very wide V formation with the ends at the top and a through hull fitting at the base of the V.When it rained we connected it to the filler with a hose and were amazed by its efficiency in thee Caribbean and South Pacific.

Hope this helps, Anne and John, Bali Hai, SM 319

From: Andy
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2012 9:00 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel] MARAMU Awning with rain catchment function

we're looking at fabricating 3 awnings for our Maraumu, as solar protection at anchor / mooring, with an additional rain catchment function. we have a bimini over the cockpit, so are looking at an awning over the aft and forward coach roofs ( 2 separate awnings).

Maramu owners, have you fabricated similar awnings ??

Do you care to share ? with advice from your experiences ?

Thanks in advance for your feedback

Andy