[Amel] Re: Correction- Calpeda Air conditioning pump

Richard <richard03801@...>

We replaced the large pump Amel supplied with a much smaller is size same capacity pump from Budget Marine in St Marrtin part no: MCH 125 075-03 that has water cooled bearing 230volts 50/60 cycle. approx $310 US no more motor issues.
SM209 For SALE

Regards
Richard Piller
1-603-767-5330

On Aug 1, 2012, at 3:07, "Judy and Bill aboard SV BeBe" <yahoogroups@...> wrote:

Eric,

Some capacitors have twin connection poles on each side which allows a parallel connection.

Bill
BeBe, SM2k, #387

--- In amelyachtowners@..., Sailormon <kimberlite@...> wrote:

Does anyone know the specs on the raw water AC pump capacitor on the
Calpeda pump. It has 4 connections; I do not understand why 4. Possibly 2
run and 2 start? But it is one unit.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite

Sailormon <kimberlite@...>

Hi Richard,

I could not find this part number in the Budget marine catalog.

Do youi have another descriptiob?

_____

We replaced the large pump Amel supplied with a much smaller is size same
capacity pump from Budget Marine in St Marrtin part no: MCH 125 075-03 that
has water cooled bearing 230volts 50/60 cycle. approx $310 US no more motor
issues.
SM209 For SALE

Regards
Richard Piller
1-603-767-5330

On Aug 1, 2012, at 3:07, "Judy and Bill aboard SV BeBe"
<yahoogroups@... <mailto:yahoogroups%40svbebe.com> > wrote:

Eric,

See the photo at:
56993/view?picmode=
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amelyachtowners/photos/album/324976668/pic/58
456993/view?picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20&dir=asc>

<mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com> , Sailormon <kimberlite@...>
wrote:

Does anyone know the specs on the raw water AC pump capacitor on the
Calpeda pump. It has 4 connections; I do not understand why 4. Possibly
2
run and 2 start? But it is one unit.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite

Richard,

Are you sure that the bearing was water-cooled and not the pump bushing/seal?

Bill

--- In amelyachtowners@..., Richard <richard03801@...> wrote:

[...]

If you want to replace what you have with a magnetic drive pump, the March Pump AC-5C-MD 230v 1020gph would be your ticket. One like this one would work: http://www.ebay.com/itm/March-pump-AC-5C-MD-115v-1020-gph-max-replacement-pump-for-Cruisair-PMA1000-/360477465339?pt=BI_Pumps&hash=item53ee219afb#ht_688wt_699

I bought one of these from this eBay seller and carry it as a spare for the A/C water pump. It is a little over spec'd for the low pressure pump for the 160l Dessalator, but I believe it would be fine. But, without trying it on the Dessalator, I cannot be sure.

It is a magnetic drive which is what I believe Richard was talking about when he said water cooled bearing. The motor and the pump are completely separated with the impeller spinning magnetically.

Bill
BeBe, SM2k, #387
Currently Marmaris, Turkey

wrote:

Does anyone know the specs on the raw water AC pump capacitor on the
Calpeda pump. It has 4 connections; I do not understand why 4. Possibly
2
run and 2 start? But it is one unit.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite

Richard03801 <richard03801@...>

There is a pair of flow tubes that cool the bearings/bushings at the pump side of the motor. The motor has run for days and stays cool. It easily handles the 28,000 btu cooling needs of the AC units even in 80-85 deg F water.

Regards

Richard Piller

Cell 603 767 5330