From: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com [mailto:amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Judy and Bill aboard SV BeBe
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2012 11:56 AM
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Amel] Re: Yacht insurance

I have a question...

Are you an Amel owner recommending insurance, or are you in the business of selling insurance?

Bill
BeBe, SM2k, #387
Currently Fethiye, Turkey

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com<mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com>, "scottstusek" <sstusek@...> wrote:

I have learned from recent posts about the demise of Lemmas yacht insurance program. If anyone is looking to replace the coverage I might have an option through my carrier Pantaenius America, Ltd which offers worldwide navigational options written on U.S. A rated paper. You can go to our website to check us out and or contact me directly anytime at 443-569-7995 / sstusek@...

Roque

Bill has a point and I agree with him.

I would just add that, on this particular case, since one of the members
is endorsing Mr Stuseks services, I'd like to hear from her / him.

Otherwise, we could be unfair to Mr Stusek and think that he just sneaked
in using a false statement. Not a good way to start business.

Roque

Atica Amel 54

2012/11/5 Stusek, Scott (Pantaenius) <sstusek@pantaenius.com>

**

Hi there,
I am a direct underwriter for Pantaenius America. I do sell yacht
insurance. One of your members asked me to join your group and introduce
myself because of the Lemma situation. We have a great policy and have
options for worldwide navigational ranges. You might check out our website.
I operate out of Annapolis , MD.
Sincerely,
Scott Stusek | Marketing and Sales

PANTAENIUS America Ltd.
500 Mamaroneck Avenue |Harrison, NY 10528 | United States of America
Tel. 443-569-7995 | Fax. 914-381-2052 | Cell 914-217-7991
sstusek@pantaenius.com<mailto:sstusek@pantaenius.com> | www.pantaenius.com

Confidentiality Notice This electronic transmission is strictly
confidential and intended solely for the addressee. It may contain
information which is covered by legal, professional or other privilege. If
you have received this transmission in error, please notify us and delete
the received data as soon as possible. This footnote also confirms that
this email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses.
Coverage is not considered bound or amended by Pantaenius America until
you have received a binder, policy or policy endorsement evidencing your
request

________________________________
Are you an Amel owner recommending insurance, or are you in the business
of selling insurance?

Bill
BeBe, SM2k, #387
Currently Fethiye, Turkey

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com<mailto:
amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com>, "scottstusek" <sstusek@...> wrote:

I have learned from recent posts about the demise of Lemmas yacht
insurance program. If anyone is looking to replace the coverage I might
have an option through my carrier Pantaenius America, Ltd which offers
worldwide navigational options written on U.S. A rated paper. You can go to
our website to check us out and or contact me directly anytime at
443-569-7995 / sstusek@...

amelliahona <no_reply@...>

Dear All:

I, for one, am glade that the contact info was posted here. I was just about to bind insurance with Sunderland Marine Insurance via Offshore Risk Management (my long time broker). Nevertheless, I called Mr. Stuseks office. He returned a call in 15 minutes, sent me an application and policy information within another 5 minutes, spoke to me a length about his product etc. I filled out the application, had a question and emailed him. He returned my email in 5 minutes. Wow, I was impressed. He will quote as an underwriter or directly as a broker. He will work with my broker or me directly. I have asked my broker to contact him for a quotation. I will let the membership know how this turns out.

Perhaps, in the future, rather than inviting vendors of various types to join the club, if you would like to advocate a good vendor, the forum member should provide the contact information here and let those who choose to do so to make contact outside of the forum.

Kindest regards,

Gary Silver
s/v Liahona Amel SM #335

sstusek@...<mailto:sstusek@...> | www.pantaenius.com

[...]

Richard03801 <richard03801@...>

To ALL, I am the member that found this insurance and suggested he post. The only part that is missing is he didn't attach my name to his posting. It was posted for the good of the group. Not as a "gold mine" operation. Simply to provide a source for what appears to be a major concern for a number of group
Amel. No more no less.
Regards SM 209

Richard Piller

Cell 603 767 5330

On Nov 5, 2012, at 17:26, amelliahona <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

[...]

Scott, Richard and All,

Thanks for the information regarding Richard Pillar asking you to join the group to inform us about your insurance products. I only wish that your original posting would have clarified all of that. Had you done so, I would not have opened my big mouth and inserted my foot!

My experience is that, under these circumstances, the member recommends the product or service, rather than having the vendor join the Group. I believe a member asking a vendor to join this group is inappropriate.

A recommendation posted to this Group by Richard Pillar would have been appropriate and certainly welcomed by me and I believe most all of us. If you were an Amel owner and mentioned your relationship to the yacht insurance industry that would be also be welcome.

BUT, none of this is a question for me or anyone member. It is a question for the group owner. The Amel Owner's Group was created as "A place in cyberspace where owners of yachts built by Chantiers Amel...can share information on all matters concerning their vessels." The question is: Is it a place where commercial interests can share their products and services with Amel owners?

Scott, possibly you told the Amel Group owner what your intentions were when you joined. If so, I am very sorry for bringing this up, and will stay completely silent on the issue after this email.

Bill
BeBe, SM2k, #387
Currently Foot-in-Mouth - Fethiye, Turkey

Tel. 443-569-7995 | Fax. 914-381-2052 | Cell 914-217-7991 sstusek@...<mailto:sstusek@...> | www.pantaenius.com

[...]

kcvabeach <kcvabeach@...>

I tend to agree with Bill.  The website by virtue of name alone is "Amel Yacht Owners".  An Amel Yacht owner's recommendation of goods/services and vendor contact info should suffice.

George and Kim
SM2K #353

Sent from my Galaxy S®III

Are you an Amel owner recommending insurance, or are you in the business of selling insurance?

Bill
BeBe, SM2k, #387
Currently Fethiye, Turkey

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com<mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com>, "scottstusek" <sstusek@> wrote:

I have learned from recent posts about the demise of Lemmas yacht insurance program. If anyone is looking to replace the coverage I might have an option through my carrier Pantaenius America, Ltd which offers worldwide navigational options written on U.S. A rated paper. You can go to our website to check us out and or contact me directly anytime at 443-569-7995 / sstusek@

Jose_Luis <lji0041@...>

Dear all,

I put here Scott´s message to request to enter to the group:
Comment from user:
I am a yacht insurance underwriter with Pantaenius America, Ltd. I would
like to help out with any insurance related topics and issues you may
have.

So Scott introduced himself properly but as I did not warn him to not
advertise himself commercially, I feel it is my fault.

I usually accept requests from people who, not necessary having an Amel
yatch themselves, however they work with them, take care of them, or
just show a genuine interest for them. In fact I am more busy trying to
avoid spam robots getting into our group.

Scott, all, please accept my apologies for the situation. I will try to
be more careful in the future.

Thanks and regards
Jose Luis - Group Moderator
XALOL

amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com<mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com&#92;
, "scottstusek" <sstusek@> wrote:

I have learned from recent posts about the demise of Lemmas yacht
insurance program. If anyone is looking to replace the coverage I might
have an option through my carrier Pantaenius America, Ltd which offers
worldwide navigational options written on U.S. A rated paper. You can go
to our website to check us out and or contact me directly anytime at
443-569-7995 / sstusek@

Duncan Hagemeyer

Well said and while it helped me to look into his company and explore the rates it still is an advertisement. May I suggest that we explore establishing a website that lets the group of owner divulge their insurance cost, companies, terms, etc. This way as owners we have the information that we all know we need and can even explore buying as a group from the best of the companies.

Duncan

Dreamtime II

A54 009

Tel. 443-569-7995 | Fax. 914-381-2052 | Cell 914-217-7991 sstusek@... <mailto:sstusek@...%3cmailto:sstusek@> <mailto:sstusek@...> | www.pantaenius.com

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com <mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com>, "scottstusek" <sstusek@> wrote:

I have learned from recent posts about the demise of Lemmas yacht insurance program. If anyone is looking to replace the coverage I might have an option through my carrier Pantaenius America, Ltd which offers worldwide navigational options written on U.S. A rated paper. You can go to our website to check us out and or contact me directly anytime at 443-569-7995 / sstusek@

karkauai

I like the idea of seeing if we can get a discount as a group.  Each of us will be in different oceans so one policy isn't likely to fit all, but there is strength in numbers and I wouldn't be surprised if we could get a discount if we banded together.
There are a number of old posts describing what others have had luck with, Duncan.  I have had my insurance thru Keenan Marine.  Give them a call.  They were particularly competitive when I first bought the boat and had minimal experience.  They recommended I switch to a different carrier when the old policy was no longer competitive.
Kent
1999 SM 243
KRISTY