Bundaberg Port Marina

sbmesasailor

Hello Giovanni,

Bundaberg Port Marina, less than a mile up the Burnett River, is a modern facility with a large yacht hoist.  The other boat yard (near the city, 12 miles up the river) is less upscale with only a sled to haul boats and as my Maramu was too large for them, your SM will also be too large for them.

We are hauled out and in storage for the cyclone season,.  We have not had the opportunity to use and evaluate any of the services (i.e. SS fabrication, riggers, etc.).

Our insurance contract specified that we had to be south of Lat 25 S during the cyclone season but we were able to negotiate a change to the contract to read Lat 24 S.

Dennis

Barry <seagasm@...>

I can confirm that, we are currently at the Bundaberg Port Marina and the is one SM2000 up on the hard stand and what appears an older Amel on the storage stand.

Best Regards
Barry
Tradewinds III SM171

--- In amelyachtowners@..., Dennis Johns <sbmesasailor@...> wrote:

Hello Giovanni,

Bundaberg Port Marina, less than a mile up the Burnett River, is a modern facility with a large yacht hoist.  The other boat yard (near the city, 12 miles up the river) is less upscale with only a sled to haul boats and as my Maramu was too large for them, your SM will also be too large for them.

We are hauled out and in storage for the cyclone season,.  We have not had the opportunity to use and evaluate any of the services (i.e. SS fabrication, riggers, etc.).

Our insurance contract specified that we had to be south of Lat 25 S during the cyclone season but we were able to negotiate a change to the contract to read Lat 24 S.

Dennis

sbmesasailor

Hard storage at the Bundaberg Port Marina is about 10-12 feet above the river and the area around the storage area is flat (drains straight to the ocean), so we had no concern about flooding.

Dennis Johns

jjjk12s <jjjk12s@...>

I wonder how you are managing with all the rain. Hope it is ok and good luck.

John

--- In amelyachtowners@..., Dennis Johns wrote:

Hello Giovanni,

Bundaberg Port Marina, less than a mile up the Burnett River, is a modern facility with a large yacht hoist.  The other boat yard (near the city, 12 miles up the river) is less upscale with only a sled to haul boats and as my Maramu was too large for them, your SM will also be too large for them.

We are hauled out and in storage for the cyclone season,.  We have not had the opportunity to use and evaluate any of the services (i.e. SS fabrication, riggers, etc.).

Our insurance contract specified that we had to be south of Lat 25 S during the cyclone season but we were able to negotiate a change to the contract to read Lat 24 S.

Dennis

Barry <seagasm@...>

Bundaberg Port Marina has survived the storm as far as I have heard. Currently, the Burnett river and Bundaberg is flooded, Tradewinds III has survived so far as she did in the 2011 floods. We have been lucky, some have not. I have no knowledge of the other two Amels up on the hard storage. If they are OK, they will survive the floods.as the storm has passed Brisbane on its way south, still on the coast. We had flown to NZ on holiday and cannot return until this flooding has subsided, I am confident TW3 is OK.

Best regards
Barry and Robyn
Tradewinds III SM171

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "jjjk12s" wrote:

[...]

We have heard from the Bundaberg Port Marina that all boats in the yard are undamaged except for a few that had tarps or canvas ripped.  The river is running very high and upriver has flooded seriously with houses floating down.

Dennis & Virginia Johns
s/v Libertad
Bundaberg, OZ