Hydranet sails


svperegrinus <no_reply@...>
 

Hello,

And what has been your experience with the carbon/technora sails?

Best,

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "Dave_Benjamin" wrote:

Please note that Dimension Polyant manufactures two types of Hydranet cloth. One is a crosscut and the other is radial.

The crosscut has not held up well so not too many sailmakers will recommend it.

The radial cloth is excellent, however quite expensive.

We are building sails for a Catana catamaran right now using carbon/technora load path membrane which is more economical.

International demand for Hydranet is so low that Dimension Polyant now only manufactures when they have an order.


Dave_Benjamin
 

That was a few years ago when I wrote that post. Customer sold the boat last year but feedback was quite positive. That sail will be good for quite some time.

--- In amelyachtowners@..., svperegrinus wrote:

Hello,

And what has been your experience with the carbon/technora sails?

Best,



--- In amelyachtowners@..., "Dave_Benjamin" wrote:

Please note that Dimension Polyant manufactures two types of Hydranet cloth. One is a crosscut and the other is radial.

The crosscut has not held up well so not too many sailmakers will recommend it.

The radial cloth is excellent, however quite expensive.

We are building sails for a Catana catamaran right now using carbon/technora load path membrane which is more economical.

International demand for Hydranet is so low that Dimension Polyant now only manufactures when they have an order.


svperegrinus <no_reply@...>
 

Thanks.

So, the client on the catamaran had positive feedback over about two years of use. What would you say the benefits of these carbon/technora sails might be on a Super Maramu vs. other cloth materials?

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "Dave_Benjamin" wrote:

That was a few years ago when I wrote that post. Customer sold the boat last year but feedback was quite positive. That sail will be good for quite some time.

--- In amelyachtowners@..., svperegrinus wrote:

Hello,

And what has been your experience with the carbon/technora sails?

Best,



--- In amelyachtowners@..., "Dave_Benjamin" wrote:

Please note that Dimension Polyant manufactures two types of Hydranet cloth. One is a crosscut and the other is radial.

The crosscut has not held up well so not too many sailmakers will recommend it.

The radial cloth is excellent, however quite expensive.

We are building sails for a Catana catamaran right now using carbon/technora load path membrane which is more economical.

International demand for Hydranet is so low that Dimension Polyant now only manufactures when they have an order.


Dave_Benjamin
 

We have a variety of fibers we can specify with load path sails and I wouldn't necessarily go with carbon/technora for a Super Maramu. Vectran is a possibility as well as a few others. We went with carbon/technora on the cat due to the loads which are much higher that what we see on a mono-hull.

In general, the advantages of a well constructed load path sail are:

Highly efficient construction - Strength where you need it
Durability
Exceptional stretch resistance
Economical compared to Hydranet and other radial sail

We have a 3 Year warranty on our MXL Vacu-Fix sails with worldwide support.

--- In amelyachtowners@..., svperegrinus wrote:

Thanks.

So, the client on the catamaran had positive feedback over about two years of use. What would you say the benefits of these carbon/technora sails might be on a Super Maramu vs. other cloth materials?


--- In amelyachtowners@..., "Dave_Benjamin" wrote:

That was a few years ago when I wrote that post. Customer sold the boat last year but feedback was quite positive. That sail will be good for quite some time.

--- In amelyachtowners@..., svperegrinus wrote:

Hello,

And what has been your experience with the carbon/technora sails?

Best,



--- In amelyachtowners@..., "Dave_Benjamin" wrote:

Please note that Dimension Polyant manufactures two types of Hydranet cloth. One is a crosscut and the other is radial.

The crosscut has not held up well so not too many sailmakers will recommend it.

The radial cloth is excellent, however quite expensive.

We are building sails for a Catana catamaran right now using carbon/technora load path membrane which is more economical.

International demand for Hydranet is so low that Dimension Polyant now only manufactures when they have an order.