Onan Exhaust Temp Sensor

karkauai

Hi, everyone.
I just discovered a sensor that is broken on the exhaust hose of my Onan generator. I have looked at the parts manual and it isn't listed there. I took some pics of the part/number, but I can't read all of the numbers...several pics, all a little blurry.
Can anyone tell me that it is for sure a temp sensor and what the part number is?
Thanks, and happy sailing.
Kent
KRISTY
SM 243
Currently Brunswick, GA

karkauai

Forgot to mention that I posted a couple of pics under new photo album Kristy SM243

seafeverofcuan <seafeverofcuan@...>

Hi Kent,
my generator is a 2003 Onan 7MDKAV-2317 the sensor part number marked in yellow reads,
L230
402-927
0251

I presume it has to be a temp sensor, but better to have that confirmed by one of the site gurus that we all rely so heavily on.
I hope this is some help to you.
Regards,
Trevor Lusty

Seafever of Cuan
supermaramu no 425
Acapulco
Mexico

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "Kent" <karkauai@...> wrote:

Hi, everyone.
I just discovered a sensor that is broken on the exhaust hose of my Onan generator. I have looked at the parts manual and it isn't listed there. I took some pics of the part/number, but I can't read all of the numbers...several pics, all a little blurry.
Can anyone tell me that it is for sure a temp sensor and what the part number is?
Thanks, and happy sailing.
Kent
KRISTY
SM 243
Currently Brunswick, GA

Mark Erdos

I just sent you the entire parts catalog with exploded diagrams. Hope this helps.

Mark

Cream Puff

SM2K #275

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "Kent" <karkauai@...> wrote:

Hi, everyone.
I just discovered a sensor that is broken on the exhaust hose of my Onan generator. I have looked at the parts manual and it isn't listed there. I took some pics of the part/number, but I can't read all of the numbers...several pics, all a little blurry.
Can anyone tell me that it is for sure a temp sensor and what the part number is?
Thanks, and happy sailing.
Kent
KRISTY
SM 243
Currently Brunswick, GA

Mark Erdos

I am not able to upload the catalog to the group but the part you need is on page #50

please see if you are able to upload the file as it is very detailed and useful

Mark
Cream Puff
SM2k #275