batteries and chargers

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi All.
I have watched with interest the various discussions on the relative merits and pitfalls of various chargers and batteries. On the dolphin charger, behind the face plate there is a small dial numbered 0 to 9. No where have I seen reference to the different positions required on this scale that are required for different battery types.
Also I have not seen reference to the de-sulphation or sulphation recovery program for wet flooded electolyte batteries that is available on the dolphin, ( and other chargers too I am sure).
A friend of ours does this desulphation regularly and has got over 10 years life from his lead acid batteries. I claim no expertise at all in the matter of batteries and chargers, I'm just a careful user and believe we may have extended the life of our batteries by this method.
Regards
Danny SM 299
Ocean Pearl
Currently Vuda Point Marina Fiji

Alan Leslie

Hi Danny,

I just posted a Doplhin Technical Note in the Files section that explains all of that.

Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437

--- In amelyachtowners@..., Danny and Yvonne SIMMS <simms@...> wrote:

[...]

Did you notice that what you posted is for a 115 volt Dolphin charger?

Bill
BeBe

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "alan_leslie_elyes_sm2k" <divanz620@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks ...Bill,

I looked at it again...its states 115V / 230V ...so I guess its OK..
Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "Judy and Bill aboard SV BeBe" <yahoogroups@...> wrote:

[...]

minaxi53

Danny slightly off subject. Have you spoken to Cameron in NZ about what he has done on Tranquility with lithium batteries?
Bob
s/v Minaxi