From: Giovanni Testa <gtesta23@tin.it>
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, 30 July 2013 11:11 PM
Subject: [Amel] rear holding tank clogged

Hi to all, I remember that some used to pour acid into the tank to dissolve the organic obstruction. But I don't remeber which, from which hole and how to work. Please, any suggestion may help.All the bestGiovanni TESTA SM 428Port VilaVanuatu

Colin - ex SV Island Pearl

Hi Danny
Where is the pic? If you attached it nothing came through? Sounds like it
would be worth a good look.
Cheers
Colin
Island Pearl II - SM2K #332

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 10:01 AM, Danny and Yvonne SIMMS
<simms@xtra.co.nz>wrote:

**

Hi all,
thought you might get a smile out of this photo. We were in the Carib 1500
in 2009 and the aft head holding tank outlet clogged with the result that
we had very smelly stuff running down our decks. We were reaching at 8 to 9
knots at the time and didn't want to lose time by heaving to so with a
harness and lifejacket in place I was lowered head first over the side to
push a flexible pipe up from the bottom of the outlet. My head was dunked
in the sea a few times but success and no time lost. Encouraged by that
success I then went up the mizzen mast in the bosuns chair to re run a lost
halyard.
Cheers
Danny SM299 Ocean Pearl

________________________________

--
*Colin Streeter*
*0411 016 445*

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi All. another try for the photo.
Danny
SM299 Ocean pearl

________________________________

Hi to all, I remember that some used to pour acid into the tank to
dissolve the organic obstruction. But I don't remeber which, from which
hole and how to work. Please, any suggestion may help.All the bestGiovanni
TESTA SM 428Port VilaVanuatu

*Colin Streeter*
*0411 016 445*

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Colin, I sent it again, can you let me know if it came through.
Danny

________________________________

Hi to all, I remember that some used to pour acid into the tank to
dissolve the organic obstruction. But I don't remeber which, from which
hole and how to work. Please, any suggestion may help.All the bestGiovanni
TESTA SM 428Port VilaVanuatu

--
*Colin Streeter*
*0411 016 445*

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Colin,
I have uploaded a photo to the site. Ocean Pearl clearing the holding tank.
Cheers
Danny

________________________________

Hi to all, I remember that some used to pour acid into the tank to
dissolve the organic obstruction. But I don't remeber which, from which
hole and how to work. Please, any suggestion may help.All the bestGiovanni
TESTA SM 428Port VilaVanuatu

*Colin Streeter*
*0411 016 445*

karkauai

Somehow I don't think that solution would have ever occurred to me, Danny...Glad you took pictures so the rest of us will know what to do in a similar situation (~;
Then again, I might heave to and drop over the side head up instead.
Glad you didn't waste any of that nice wind on the beam!
Kent