[Amel] Cleaning the fresh water tanks

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Kent there are 3 access ports. If you have mold and do not get them all,
you will not get rid of the mold.

Let me know if you receive the attached files.

Bill
BeBe

On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 3:04 AM, Kent Robertson <karkauai@yahoo.com> wrote:

**

Hi again, gang.
I'm cleaning my fresh water tanks for the first time, don't know if the
previous owner ever did it. I've accessed the center tank (under the
galley sole) and the aft tank (under the galley fridge). There are a
fair amount of mildew/mold spots that are tightly adhered to the inside of
the tank, and after filling the tank with a fairly potent bleach mixture
I'm still finding it impossible to get it cleaned off. Is there any kind
of chemical that can be used other than bleach that would work better and
be safe? Given the difficult access and impossibility of getting good
pressure with a stiff brush, I'm running out of ideas.

I tried to access old files and photos (used Bill's suggestions) and can't
seem to get them. Also still can't reply to an existing thread (nothing
happens when I click on "reply")

Thanks for any suggestions.
Kent
SM243 Kristy