Fw: [Amel] Watermaking, Dessalator

Anne and John Hollamby <annejohnholl@...>

Because the search facility on this revised site is so difficult I set out below a message that I posted on 28 June 2012.  Martin de Jong speaks perfect English and no doubt Spanish and French. He is incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. His phone no is 0034 96571988.

              Anne and John, Bali Hai, SM 319 for sale in Malta   annejohnholl@...

Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2012 12:26 PM
Subject: Re: [Amel] Watermaking

Hello Jose,
The best place for advice is Martin de Jong who is Mr Dessalator in Spain (desalador@...). The second bit of my advice is that so far as I know all watermakers are based on high pressure pumps made by the US company called Catpumps.Their European Agent is at  cpi@... and they will send you a list of a local agents and I feel sure that there will be one in the Azores because the locals including the hotels will have big R.O. installations. My catpump needed servicing and the agents for yacht water makers were of no help but cpi gave me the details of the man here in Malta who does hotels and he did it for me.   However start with Martin and do get a salinity meter so that you do not pump salt water into your tank as even if you are not offshore salt water will destroy your appliances pdq. I do not know your hull no but unless you have a latish SM2K
the so called salinity monitor is non existent. A replacement board with a working monitor can be bought for about $500.

                          Enjoy Horta,  Anne and John,  Bali Hai,  SM2K 319   Malta