From: "yahoogroups@..." <yahoogroups@...>
To: amelyachtowners@...
Sent: Saturday, November 16, 2013 9:22 AM
Subject: RE: Re: [Amel] RE: Cleaning the fresh water tanks

I changed the instructions for freezer removal because I missed screw #11...go to and download the first 3 photos...#2 photo is the one I changed

Sorry about that.

Bill
BeBe
---In amelyachtowners@..., <yahoogroups@...> wrote:
Kent,

I see I missed screw #11. Take it out!

It is very close to the top lock.

I will add a photo

Bill

On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 12:47 PM, Kent Robertson <karkauai@...> wrote:

Thanks Bill.  I'm having trouble getting it out, too.  Like you I thought it was all glassed in.  I gave it a good heave-ho and can raise the outboard end a little, but the inboard end won't budge...even a smidge.  I've tried getting a screwdriver between the wooden panel and the lip of the bilge storage area under the dining table to get a little purchase, but still no-go.  There doesn't appear to be anything holding it down from underneath, but the wooden panel in the walkway still seems to be fastened down somehow.  Anyone have any other ideas?
Thanks,
Kent
SM243
Kristy
Brunswick GA USA

From: Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>
To: "amelyachtowners@..." <amelyachtowners@...> Sent: Saturday, November 16, 2013 5:02 AM
Subject: Re: [Amel] RE: Cleaning the fresh water tanks

Ann-Sofie,

I thought the same thing when I was doing it...it looked like it was "glassed" to the hull. It is a very tight fit...when I finally had all of the 10 screws removed, it came up, but it was hard, almost like it was stuck...and it was hard to get back in place because it was so tight.

I hope that I did not leave anything out. I count 10 screws that must be removed...did you remove 10 screws and are you sure that they were the correct 10 screws according to the photo?

Bill
On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 9:54 AM, Ann-Sofie Svanberg <kanalmamman@...> wrote:

But it is not shure that you sucseed in your mission, even with Bill's eminent description. On our SM no 232, someone has very thouroghly put plastic over everything so we can't lift the aft fridge/freeze unless we demolate the whole interior in that part.....  Grrrrrrrrrr

/Ann-Sofie
S/Y Lady Annila SM #232
In Canary Islands, just 1 month from the crossing....

Skickat från min iPad
16 nov 2013 kl. 05:10 skrev "Sailorman" <kimberlite@...>:

Bill,
Would you please send the info for me also?
Fair Winds
Eric
Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite

---In amelyachtowners@..., wrote:
[...]

karkauai

Hi, Bill,
I guess I'm confused. So the wooden panel where your feet are when sitting on the dinette seat comes out with the freezer, but the panel at the inboard end stays where it is and the freezer lifts out?  Do I have to remove the latch?
Thanks again,
Kent

[...]

All,

I just noticed that there is now an alphabetical sort for photos.

I think this is a good time to ask each of you to name your albums logically so that we can have a chance of finding them in the future.

Bill