[Amel] Main Sail Furler - Cockpit Switch - where can I purchase this?


Eric Freedman
 

I believe it is just a double pole double throw switch available at any electronics store.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite

 

 


From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...] On Behalf Of colin.d.streeter@...
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2014 11:09 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel] Main Sail Furler - Cockpit Switch - where can I purchase this?

 

 

Hi All

Any tips/links on where to source on-line a replacement switch for the mainsail furler toggle switch to furl & unfurl in-mast main sail?

Fair winds

Colin & Lauren Streeter

Island Pearl II - SM#332

Newport, QLD Australia


Colin - ex SV Island Pearl
 

Hi Eric
Many thanks for this. Will see if I can find one here locally.
Cheers
Colin Streeter
Island Pearl II - SM #332
Brisbane, Australia


On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 3:45 PM, Sailorman <kimberlite@...> wrote:
 

I believe it is just a double pole double throw switch available at any electronics store.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite

 

 


From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...] On Behalf Of colin.d.streeter@...
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2014 11:09 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel] Main Sail Furler - Cockpit Switch - where can I purchase this?

 

 

Hi All

Any tips/links on where to source on-line a replacement switch for the mainsail furler toggle switch to furl & unfurl in-mast main sail?

Fair winds

Colin & Lauren Streeter

Island Pearl II - SM#332

Newport, QLD Australia



I am using the Free version of SPAMfighter.
SPAMfighter has removed 2795 of my spam emails to date.

Do you have a slow PC? Try a free scan!




--
Colin Streeter
0411 016 445


Chris Smither <yachtakwaaba@...>
 

Hi,
Try the Dick Smith shops in Australia. They are really helpful.
Fair winds
Chris


On 8 Jan 2014, at 11:04, Colin Streeter <colin.d.streeter@...> wrote:

 

Hi Eric
Many thanks for this. Will see if I can find one here locally.
Cheers
Colin Streeter
Island Pearl II - SM #332
Brisbane, Australia


On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 3:45 PM, Sailorman <kimberlite@...> wrote:
 

I believe it is just a double pole double throw switch available at any electronics store.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite

 

 


From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...] On Behalf Of colin.d.streeter@...
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2014 11:09 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel] Main Sail Furler - Cockpit Switch - where can I purchase this?

 

 

Hi All

Any tips/links on where to source on-line a replacement switch for the mainsail furler toggle switch to furl & unfurl in-mast main sail?

Fair winds

Colin & Lauren Streeter

Island Pearl II - SM#332

Newport, QLD Australia



I am using the Free version of SPAMfighter.
SPAMfighter has removed 2795 of my spam emails to date.

Do you have a slow PC? Try a free scan!




--
Colin Streeter
0411 016 445


Colin - ex SV Island Pearl
 

Thanks Chris


On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 10:17 PM, Chris Smither <yachtakwaaba@...> wrote:
 

Hi,
Try the Dick Smith shops in Australia. They are really helpful.
Fair winds
Chris


On 8 Jan 2014, at 11:04, Colin Streeter <colin.d.streeter@...> wrote:

 

Hi Eric
Many thanks for this. Will see if I can find one here locally.
Cheers
Colin Streeter
Island Pearl II - SM #332
Brisbane, Australia


On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 3:45 PM, Sailorman <kimberlite@...> wrote:
 

I believe it is just a double pole double throw switch available at any electronics store.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite

 

 


From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...] On Behalf Of colin.d.streeter@...
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2014 11:09 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel] Main Sail Furler - Cockpit Switch - where can I purchase this?

 

 

Hi All

Any tips/links on where to source on-line a replacement switch for the mainsail furler toggle switch to furl & unfurl in-mast main sail?

Fair winds

Colin & Lauren Streeter

Island Pearl II - SM#332

Newport, QLD Australia



I am using the Free version of SPAMfighter.
SPAMfighter has removed 2795 of my spam emails to date.

Do you have a slow PC? Try a free scan!




--
Colin Streeter
0411 016 445




--
Colin Streeter
0411 016 445


seagasm@...
 

Dick Smith stores are pretty well useless these days. Your best bet would be to seek out a Jacar store, they carry most electronic switches and electrical items.


Best Regards

Barry & Robyn

Tradewinds III SM 171

Bundaberg


Colin - ex SV Island Pearl
 


Hi Barry & Robyn and all

Thanks for this tip. You were correct about Dick Smith. These guys used to be excellent in the past but have now been bought out by a large supermarket chain and have become nothing much better than another white goods retailer it seems.

Jaycar were much better and are now similar to what the old Dick Smith's was. We purchased the closest spec switch that Jacar had (just $4.95) and this was our problem all along and the furler worked fine the minute a new switch was installed.

Unfortunately we cannot source the same type of switch as the original in Australia so, with nobody on this site appearing to have information of where to get the original switches direct, we will get a couple through Amel so that we have a spare on board too in case another switch goes later. The Jacar one works fine in the interim however we want our boat to look absolutely original.

Interestingly when I took the old switch apart it had clearly been man handled whilst we had detailers cleaning our boat (unfortunately while we were not present) as the toggle had clearly been snapped through inside the switch.

I am travelling by car through Bundaberg tomorrow en route to Agnes Water. Is Tradewinds III currently down at the Port Marina? Nice to hear that there are some other Super Maramu owners in these parts. The only other one we are aware of out here is "ORIS" a well kept 1994 Super Maramu also kept here at Newport in Brisbane. Would love to catch up with you guys sometime.

Kind regards

Colin & Lauren Streeter
Island Pearl II - sm2k #332
Newport, QLD Australia


---In amelyachtowners@..., <seagasm@...> wrote:

Dick Smith stores are pretty well useless these days. Your best bet would be to seek out a Jacar store, they carry most electronic switches and electrical items.


Best Regards

Barry & Robyn

Tradewinds III SM 171

Bundaberg


seagasm@...
 

She is in storage at Bundaberg on the hard stand and will be back in the water to venture north when we return from holiday in NZ early March. I have found if switches were carefully dismantled and cleaned the contacts with a fine nail file, they can be quite serviceable again. We look forward to possibly meeting you when we return.


Best regards

Barry & Robyn

Tradewinds III SM 171

Bundaberg