[Amel] Max Prop

Mark Erdos

You could contact Max Prop – if you give them the engine/transmission/boat data they can tell you the correct pitch.

I can’t speak for MaxProp - We have an AutoProp who I have found to be very helpful.

Best regards,

Mark

SM2K #275

www.creampuff.us

From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...] On Behalf Of Rainer Huthmacher
Sent: Wednesday, January 08, 2014 10:16 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel] Max Prop

I own a SM #69 with the original Perkins (Volvo) engine. It is equipped with a Max Prop supplied by Amel.
My manual says the pitch should be 18 degrees at a left turn prop. I strongly believe my prop turns right, so it does not make any sense to me.
Does anyone know the correct pitch for this prop? ( my hope lies on you Joel)
Thank you so much already....
Rainer Huthmacher
SM #69 "Yin Yang"

Rainer Huthmacher <thelastoneever@...>

Thanx Mark...

On 08.01.2014, at 11:32, Mark Erdos <mcerdos@...> wrote:

You could contact Max Prop – if you give them the engine/transmission/boat data they can tell you the correct pitch.

I can’t speak for MaxProp - We have an AutoProp who I have found to be very helpful.

Best regards,

Mark

SM2K #275

www.creampuff.us

From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...] On Behalf Of Rainer Huthmacher
Sent: Wednesday, January 08, 2014 10:16 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel] Max Prop

I own a SM #69 with the original Perkins (Volvo) engine. It is equipped with a Max Prop supplied by Amel.
My manual says the pitch should be 18 degrees at a left turn prop. I strongly believe my prop turns right, so it does not make any sense to me.
Does anyone know the correct pitch for this prop? ( my hope lies on you Joel)
Thank you so much already....
Rainer Huthmacher
SM #69 "Yin Yang"

alainfeuillet@...

Hi Rainer, Pilgrim is hull 26. I have the Volvo D2-75 and the Maxprop. My propeller is adjusted on left rotaion 26° and works very fine. Tha t means the engine can go until 3000 RPM max.

In Maxprop table X=A and Y=H. Hope it helps

By the way did'nt we met in Hyères two years ago?

Fair winds

Alain

Rainer Huthmacher <thelastoneever@...>

Thank you so much, Alain.
All the best, Rainer

On 09.01.2014, at 09:06, alainfeuillet@... wrote:

Hi Rainer, Pilgrim is hull 26. I have the Volvo D2-75 and the Maxprop. My propeller is adjusted on left rotaion 26° and works very fine. Tha t means the engine can go until 3000 RPM max.

In Maxprop table X=A and Y=H. Hope it helps

By the way did'nt we met in Hyères two years ago?

Fair winds

Alain