Sent: Friday, March 7, 2014 6:33 PM
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Mast Colour

We are about to have Libby's masts painted. Does anyone know what that original factory colour is?

Terry&Dena
SV Libby #196
San Diego.

Paul LaFrance <pflafrance@...>

Terry & Dena
We recently repainted our masts with Awlgrip, Eggshell in colour. This was almost a perfect match. You could tell where we dd touch ups as it is so shiny when compared to the old paint which had dulled over the years. We decided to paint the whole mizzen and do touch ups on the main. It is not noticeable unless you are looking for the difference.
We did the job ourselves which is a steep learning curve. We did the job in August 2013 and it looks great today.
Paul & Sue
SV NOMAD #362
Currently in St Maarten

To: amelyachtowners@...
From: annejohnholl@...
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2014 21:02:53 +0100
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Mast Colour

Hello Terry and Diana,
The answer is buried somewhere in the website, from memory it was Renault number something. However if you remove the cover plate from the halyard hole at the base of the mast and give or send it to a professional paint mixer with computerised colour matching it will save a lot of messing around. I did this for touch up paint for our mast and again using a headlight trim to get matching paint for my fifty year old classic car.

                              Good luck,   Anne and John, Bali Hai, SM2K 319, for sale in Malta.

Sent: Friday, March 7, 2014 6:33 PM

We are about to have Libby's masts painted. Does anyone know what that original factory colour is?

Terry&Dena
SV Libby #196
San Diego.

Ann-Sofie Svanberg <kanalmamman@...>

Hi Paul & Sue
Interesting with Awlgrip. Did you spry it on or did you use a brush?

/Annsofie
SM 232, Lady Annila, present at Trinidad

Skickat från min iPad

To: amelyachtowners@...
From: annejohnholl@...
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2014 21:02:53 +0100

Sent: Friday, March 7, 2014 6:33 PM

We are about to have Libby's masts painted. Does anyone know what that original factory colour is?

Terry&Dena
SV Libby #196
San Diego.

Patrick McAneny

A couple years ago I painted my entire mast with awlgrip and it is a perfect match. My wife and I used  the roll and tip method and it looks as though it was sprayed. Not including prep time ,it took about a total of two  hours to do two coats.  Pat SM Shenanigans

From: annejohnholl@...
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2014 21:02:53 +0100

Sent: Friday, March 7, 2014 6:33 PM

We are about to have Libby's masts painted. Does anyone know what that original factory colour is?

Terry&Dena
SV Libby #196
San Diego.

Paul LaFrance <pflafrance@...>

We did it the same way as Patrick, Roll and tip with a brush.
Paul

To: amelyachtowners@...
From: sailw32@...
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2014 07:15:15 -0500