"Moon Dog" has a new owner

john martin <symoondog@...>

Forty years ago this April, while cruising in the Bahamas on my 38' sloop, I met my wife Ruth.  Since then we have sailed about 80,000 miles, circumnavigating the world in the sloop and then circumnavigating South America in the Super Maramu "Moon Dog" we have owned the past 12 years.
In May I turned 81, and it is time to slow down the cruising and to go after the rest of the things on my "bucket list."

"Moon Dog" was a fantastic boat for us, providing us many, many miles of great cruising.  It was with tremendous reluctance that we decided to part with her, but she is just not the right boat for what we will be doing in the future.

Still named "Moon Dog," she is now owned by Robert (Bob) and Marybeth Gray and now lies at the Erie Yacht Club in Erie, PA.

Thanks very much to everyone in this owners' group for all the advice, support and friendship through the years. It has been great - I really enjoyed and appreciated it all.

Best wishes to all of you,

John Martin

drbobgray@...

John and Ruth - we are so thankful for the opportunity to own such a beautiful and well cared for boat.
You have been so wonderful to us and helping get Moon Dog to her new home.  Our family loves her as much as you do!

Best Wishes for your fun in the future and as always, we hope you come visit us and Moon Dog on the Great Lakes!

Thanks for welcoming us into the Amel users group - we will be sure to use everyone's expertise!

Bob and Marybeth Gray
"Moon Dog" SM248

seafeverofcuan@...

Dear John,
               Since we met in Uruguay in 2009/10 you have been an inspiration to me to keep taking Seafever to places than I had never dreamed of.
Your confidence in Moon Dog and in Amel set an example to us all, particularly your circumnavigation of South America.
More importantly than all of that, it took an American to show an Irish guy the correct way to pour a bottle of beer!
Best wishes to you and Ruth on your next adventure.
Take care and good luck to you both.
Trevor
Seafever of Cuan
Ireland

john martin <symoondog@...>

 Hi everyone,

I want to thank you all for your very kind words and good wishes.  It has been wonderful to be associated with this group and I'm glad I could contribute a small share of the good advice and that it was appreciated.

I think I will take Bill's suggestion (SV Bebe) to stay with the group for a while in case I can still contribute something from time to time.

Best regards to everyone,

John Martin
formerly SM248  "MOON DOG"