[Amel Yacht Owners] Borel exhaust temp monitors.

Patrick McAneny

Pita, I ordered two separate exhaust and one high water sensors two weeks ago. While they only mention 12v. on their website they are available in 24v. I have installed the sensor and ran the wires up where the control cables exit the engine compartment. Yesterday I bought a 2" hole saw and  will install the alarm above the 24v. panel , getting my power there.  Pat

-----Original Message-----
From: Germain Jean-Pierre jgermain@... [amelyachtowners]
To: amelyachtowners
Sent: Sat, Jul 5, 2014 5:06 am
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Borel exhaust temp monitors.

Hello Gang,

As much as I tried to review the posts on the above subject, as much as "loading" was displayed, YAHOO delivered a ... nothing.

If ever we can make a move to somewhere else might be a good thought... rant over!

How are these Borel exhaust temp sensors wired?  Being 12 volt units, do you just connect to the small alternator on the engine and Onan?  Did you buy the 2 engine unit and connect Onan to one and engine to other or did you buy 2 different single engine units?

For the bilge pump time run alarm, where did you source the 24 volt feed?

I know the answers are already in the Yahoo site but I cannot see the entire emails re the thread.

PITA.

Thank you for the tolerance!

Jean-Pierre Germain
SY Eleuthera SM 53 007!

Germain Jean-Pierre <jgermain@...>

Hello Pat,

Thank you for the info.  Why did you purchase two exhaust units instead of a "twin engine" system which would hook into a single panel warning device?  If the engine is running, you are unlikely to have the Onan on line and vice versa.  So if any alarm sounds, you just stop the running plant.  My thoughts only...

I see your point regarding powering from the 24 V panel.

Thanks

Jean-Pierre

[...]

Jean-Pierre Germain,
Chief Pilot, Cozuro Limited,
+44 7551 211 511
jp.germain@...
jp.germain@...

Patrick McAneny

Jean-Pierre, I saw no twin engine option. I would think if you have two engines, you would have to have two seperate sensors. The three sensors( one high water) all lead to one alarm , the alarm has three lights on it which indicate which sensor is setting off the alarm. Pat

[...]

There is indeed a twin engine option; it comes with 2 sensor collars.  One less hole at the 24 V panel.

I will also get the water alarm sensor.

Thanks for the help.

How do you manage to consult past emails???

I am frustrated.

Jean-Pierre

[...]

ESTELLER

Hi
VETUS has a device to control the haust temperature : http://www.vetus.com/exhaust-systems/exhaust-instruments.html
I project to use it in ORION, my AMEL 54, the sensor beeing special to VETUS waterlock. I think that beeing directly in the water flow it is a good solution.
José ORION