[Amel Yacht Owners] Amel 54, LONESTAR wins

Peter Forbes

There is hope for Carango across the pond then - we'll give it our best.

Is anyone else in Amel in ARC 2015?

Peter Forbes
00447836 209730
Carango
Amel 54 #035
Corfu Greece

On 12 Nov 2014, at 07:11, yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Our friend,  fellow Texan, and owner of an Amel 54, LONESTAR, beat all of the boats in the Caribbean 1500 except for a Cookson 80' sailboat.

But, Amels don't race, we save that for the Oyster owners...they need to get something for thier money. Unfortunately, Craig was about a day ahead of an Oyster 54, giving no mercy to the Oyster. Oh, and Craig beat the Sundeer 60.

Way to go, Craig Scott. BTHOC1500 (it is an aggie thing)

Bill

BeBe #387

Germain Jean-Pierre <jgermain@...>

Hello Peter,

I will be going Transat in Nov 15 from southern Canaries.  Not in ARC though.  If you have not paid your entry fee yet, we could perhaps go together.  I’d give you a couple of days lead time as my boat will be far faster than yours.

Others may want to join us???

“Go fast” antifouling does it every time.  :-)

Jean-Pierre Germain
Eleuthera SM 007

On 12 Nov 2014, at 07:31, Peter Forbes ppsforbes@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

[...]

Posted by: Peter Forbes <ppsforbes@...>

Peter Forbes

Jean Pierre,

I am already subscribed to the ARC so I’m afraid it is too late to change for me.

Faster - Hmmmm!!!!

Still waiting for our Onan course dates - will keep you posted if i hear first.

Peter
Peter Forbes
Carango  Sailing Ketch
Amel 54 #035
Gouvia Marina - CORFU, Greece

On 12 Nov 2014, at 07:53, Germain Jean-Pierre jgermain@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

[...]

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Peter,

Jean Pierre has a SM attitude! Unfortunately, attitude does not usually make up for waterline deficiencies.

Bill
BeBe 387

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 10:32 AM, Peter Forbes ppsforbes@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

[...]

Ann-Sofie Svanberg <kanalmamman@...>

Our 15 days from LasPalmas to Antigua is something to try to beat!  :) :)

/Annsofie
SM 232 Lady Annila

Skickat från min iPad

12 nov 2014 kl. 06:53 skrev "'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...>:

[...]

Bill,

I like Jean Pierre’s style - but beating Carango might be a call too far.

peter
Peter Forbes
Carango  Sailing Ketch
Amel 54 #035
Gouvia Marina - CORFU, Greece

On 12 Nov 2014, at 10:52, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

[...]

Wow - Annsofie 15 days las Palmas to Antigua - that’s fast. Did you have a parasail or twin pole headsails? - I only have one pole so I will have to sail downwind with poled out Genoa and Gennaker the other side.

Peter
Peter Forbes
Carango  Sailing Ketch
Amel 54 #035
Gouvia Marina - CORFU, Greece

On 12 Nov 2014, at 10:57, Ann-Sofie Svanberg kanalmamman@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

[...]

Hello Everyone,

All kidding aside… if any forumites envisage a Transat in Nov 15… let me know.  I’ll try to arrange an Amel Transat.

Annsofie placed the bar very high; I’ll see by how much I can beat it… :-)

For Peter: still very interested in Onan course.

Jean-Pierre Germain
Eleuthera SM007

On 12 Nov 2014, at 11:09, Peter Forbes ppsforbes@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

[...]

Jean-Pierre Germain,
Chief Pilot, Cozuro Limited,
+44 7551 211 511
jp.germain@...
jp.germain@...

Ann-Sofie Svanberg <kanalmamman@...>

No parasailor, just the Amel setting and our gennacker of 167 sqm. But not at the same time.

Our genua is slightly bigger than the standard, ours is 77 sqm somthat will,ofcours also play a roll.

First week we made between 185 and 204 nautical miles a day. Second week a bit slower around 170-180 nm a day.

Regards
Annsofie
SM 232, Lady Annila

Skickat från min iPad

12 nov 2014 kl. 07:09 skrev "Peter Forbes ppsforbes@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...>:

[...]

Herbert Lackner

Hi Jean-Pierre,

we plan to leave the canaries also in November 2015, but eventually sail via the cape verdes

Herbert

KALI MERA, SN 120

[...]

Reply to sender

Reply to group

Start a New Topic

Messages in this topic (2)

Jean-Pierre Germain,
Chief Pilot, Cozuro Limited,
+44 7551 211 511
jp.germain@...
jp.germain@...

Germain Jean-Pierre <jgermain@...>

Hello Herbert,

Not averse to that but from my readings, CV is not very interesting…. but Chantal is very interested by going to the CV… stay tuned. (Compromise….) :-)

We can avoid CV and achieve good speed by tracking 235 for a few days then heading 270 directly to the Caribbean.  Leaving Canaries about 1 week after ARC… they go too early in my opinion.

Eleuthera is in refit in Turkey; I understand yours is also being modernised…?  Where?

I see your email and will send you a quick personal contact.

Cheers,

Jean-Pierre Germain
Eleuthera SM007

[...]

Annsofie,

When did you cross and from what departure arrival ports.

Bill

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 11:52 AM, Ann-Sofie Svanberg kanalmamman@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

[...]

We left Las Palmas, Gran Canaria on the 14 December 2013 and arrived in Antigua 15 days and some hours later, don't remeber exact timing.

/Annsofie

Skickat från min iPad

12 nov 2014 kl. 08:08 skrev "'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...>:

[...]

Ian Park

No, but we're in Tenerife and heading for Cape Verde end of November. Crossing after Christmas. Just in case any other Amels around doing similar.

Ian & Linda 'Ocean Hobo' SN 96

[...]

Hi, have been cruising Canaries since September.
If you haven't been round the islands you will miss out by leaving direct from Las Palmas. There are some great places to visit. Talking to other folks here who have been to CV there are some great places to visit there too, but you have to like anchoring.
Agree, ARC leaves too soon. Anyway, all the Caribbean anchorages will be clear of ARC boats by the time we arrive mid January.
Ocean Hobo has AIS transponder, so easy to find. She's in Garchico, N. Tenerife. New marina, v good, excellent security but no shore side facilities yet -€15 a night for our Santorin. We're visiting UK for a couple of weeks waiting for new grandchild to arrive, back on 23rd.
Maybe see you then?

Ian & Linda. Ocean Hobo