No response from Amel

stephen_lees@...

I called Emilie over 2 weeks ago after two emails without response.  She was very pleasant, speaks English very well and said they were researching my request for a new main furling transmission/gear box.  I had sent photos as well with my original email.  Emilie indicated that they would probably have a response by Friday.  I have heard nothing back including a polite followup email asking for an update.  Any more suggestions?

Craig Briggs

Stephen - go back to posting 18866 and 18867.  What is your boat and where are you?
Craig Briggs - SN#68 Sangaris, Florida

stephen_lees@...

Craig,  I have SM53 #349, SV Sequel. Not sure if the Santorin setup is the same. I have had other posts that offer interesting leads. If you think your source is the same for the Super Maramu please let me know.
Thanks,
Stephen
SV Sequel
SM53 #349

Craig Briggs

Hi Stephen,
The SM and SN have the same reduction gear. The difference is the SM drives it with a 24v motor and SN with a 12v motor and so gets more power.  It is the same unit that Amel bought and installed on our boats when they made them.
Good luck with it,
Craig
s/v Sangaris, SN#68