Mizzenstaysail

webercardio@...

Hello, when I visited the Boatshow in Düsseldorf I was thinking about adding a sock/ spinnaker sleeve to the mizzenstaysail of our Amel 54.  Any idea how long it should be ?
Many thanks   Wolfgang weber  SY ELISE Amel 54 # 162

Dave_Benjamin

Wolfgang,

The spinnaker sleeve should be cut to the leech length or slightly shorter. I prefer not to have the clew buried in the sleeve. We ship to the EU on a pretty regular basis so if you need one, feel free to drop me a note.

---In amelyachtowners@..., <webercardio@...> wrote :

Hello, when I visited the Boatshow in Düsseldorf I was thinking about adding a sock/ spinnaker sleeve to the mizzenstaysail of our Amel 54.  Any idea how long it should be ?
Many thanks   Wolfgang weber  SY ELISE Amel 54 # 162

webercardio@...

Until now I couldn´t find  the right length for the spinnaker sleeve for the mizzenstaysail - I measured aprox. 14 meter from top of the mizzen to the fix point on drawings, so I think 13 meter should be right ?
While looking in the internet I found a nice address, showing and comparing Amel 54.
Yacht Design and Naval Architecture. Dublin, Ireland. Hydrostatics, Lines Plan, Yacht Surveys

  No help for my question, but  nice.

Wolfgang Weber SY ELISE,  Amel 54 # 162