[Amel Yacht Owners] Banging main furler foil without a sail.

karkauai

Nice!  I'm dealing with that now myself.  I'll give it a try.
Kent

From: "sailormon kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners]"
To: amelyachtowners@...
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2015 11:56 PM
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Banging main furler foil without a sail.

No one posted this problem but I always found it very annoying when I am having my main sail repaired. The foil bangs around in the mast.
To alleviate this noise I finally came up with a good solution.

I lower the swivel to the bottom and run the largest diameter line that will fit  into the swivel.
I then raise the swivel to the top of the mast and rotate the foil while standing as far from the mast as possible. The line wraps around the foil making a bumper sort of arrangement.
The more line you have the better the bumper.
It is then quite silent.

Fair Winds
Eric
Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376