Electric Motor/Pump to the toilet

Paul Osterberg

Hello!

I have problem to find the right Motor/pump to my Jabsco toilet on SM 2000 from 1999, The number on the motor is 74001-2853, I was advice to use motors from Johnson but they delivered the wrong one. The problem with the current motor is it leaks between the metal case and the plastic flange, and unfortunately both toilets motors leaks.

So if anyone know which motor that fits it would be appreciated to know.

Regards

Paul on Kerpa

Alan Leslie

The leak is probably the shaft seal .
There are kits available for these pumps that provide all the parts needed to repair these pumps, Defender, West Marine etc have them.
Cheers
Alan
SV Elyse SM437

Paul Osterberg

Thank you
I have tried to pull of the "Impeller" and the plastic end cap, but so fare very little success (I have loosen the locking screw) , by the way the thread for the locking not on the shaft for the "knifes" is very short have the rest corroded away or is it just the way it should be?
Regards
Paul on Kerpa