[Amel Yacht Owners] Red light on 24V panel

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Kent,

I suspect that this was another thing that the repower mechanic decided NOT to reinstall. The relay for this red light and corresponding alarm was originally mounted on the port side of your engine next to the negative solenoid.

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
sent from my tablet

On Mar 6, 2015 8:30 AM, "Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi gang,
While checking the FireBoy wiring I discovered the dead-headed wires that go to the small red light in the bottom left corner of the 24V panel. It has never worked since I purchased the boat. What is it there for?
Thanks,
Kent
SM 243
Kristy

karkauai

Well, that's gone. Do you know what relay it is and how it's connected?
Thanks,

On Mar 6, 2015, at 10:43 AM, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

[...]

Kent, I have never looked into it, but the red light on the panel is also connected to an alarm (which I think is the same alarm for blocked sea water).

I sent you a wiring diagram for installation of the Leece-Neville 175 alternator which shows a warning light in on of the schematics

Maybe that will help.

Bill