[Amel Yacht Owners] Re: New Cooker/Oven for an early SM

Germain Jean-Pierre <jgermain@...>

Hello Alex,

Thank you for your report.  Appreciated.

JPG

On 26 Mar 2015, at 14:19, alex.paquin@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello,

We changed our original ENO Stove from 1981 (for which we could find spares) for a new 3 burner, gas ENO stove (Gascogne model) we bought from West marine via Port Supply. The price was about $1000. Excellent stoves, both of them.

Alex Paquin
Simpatico
Maramu 1981

Posted by: alex.paquin@...

hanspeter baettig

Hi JP
Give me a call if you want have infos about new
Stove. I now your boat, was im Göcek yesterday now back in Classic Yacht Marina for shelter, Riza and Team will remove all SM from Town Marina today to put it in Save place DMarina we have weather forecast of 50 kn in the  Night of friday no worry al is saved. For infos about what i choosed for stove call me on 0041 76 372 01 05
Or email hanspeter.baettig at bluemail.ch
Hanspeter
Tamango 2
SM#16
Fethiye, Turkey
Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 26.03.2015 um 15:23 schrieb "Germain Jean-Pierre jgermain@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...>:

Hello Alex,

Thank you for your report.  Appreciated.

JPG

On 26 Mar 2015, at 14:19, alex.paquin@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello,

We changed our original ENO Stove from 1981 (for which we could find spares) for a new 3 burner, gas ENO stove (Gascogne model) we bought from West marine via Port Supply. The price was about $1000. Excellent stoves, both of them.

Alex Paquin
Simpatico
Maramu 1981

Posted by: alex.paquin@...

Stephen Davis

Hello Jean Pierre,

We replaced our ailing original Electrolux with the Dickenson Caribbean model. It was an easy fit, and we think the quality is better than both the Eno and the Force 10. It only has 2 burners, but they are 11,000 btu and 7000 btu. The competition only has a 7000 btu burner as the largest available. The 11000 btu burner is very effective. We have found from previous experience that having 3 or more burners is not all that great, as you cannot fit more than 2 normal size pans on the stovetop. We were concerned with oven size, and the Caribbean has the same size oven as a 3 burner Force 10. Also, we found that the 3 or more burner models were deeper, and would not adequately gimbal without some major modifications to the galley.

We have had our Caribbean model installed for a couple of months now, and are very happy with it. It will cost you a few hundred dollars more, but in my opinion is worth the money.

Hope the refit is going well, and you on schedule for July.

Cheers,
Steve Davis
S/V Aloha SM 72

On Mar 26, 2015, at 08:23, Germain Jean-Pierre jgermain@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello Alex,

Thank you for your report.  Appreciated.

JPG

On 26 Mar 2015, at 14:19, alex.paquin@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello,

We changed our original ENO Stove from 1981 (for which we could find spares) for a new 3 burner, gas ENO stove (Gascogne model) we bought from West marine via Port Supply. The price was about $1000. Excellent stoves, both of them.

Alex Paquin
Simpatico
Maramu 1981

Posted by: alex.paquin@...

Chris Flack

Good Morning Hanspeter,

Did you happen to also see Hemera at Yacht Classic Marina also? That wind that comes through Göcek causes havoc on the Municipal Marina. We had to move there for a couple of nights for the same reason.

Cheers
Chris
Hemera SM031

Or email hanspeter.baettig at bluemail.ch
Hanspeter
Tamango 2
SM#16
Fethiye, Turkey
Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 26.03.2015 um 15:23 schrieb "Germain Jean-Pierre jgermain@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...>:

Hello Alex,

Thank you for your report.  Appreciated.

JPG

On 26 Mar 2015, at 14:19, alex.paquin@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello,

We changed our original ENO Stove from 1981 (for which we could find spares) for a new 3 burner, gas ENO stove (Gascogne model) we bought from West marine via Port Supply. The price was about $1000. Excellent stoves, both of them.

Alex Paquin
Simpatico
Maramu 1981

Posted by: alex.paquin@...

Jean-Pierre Germain <jgermain@...>

Hi Hans Peter,

Very good to move our boats. I don't want damage before I perform the sea trials.

I am in London and will call you tomorrow morning

Thanks

JPG
Eleuthera, SM007

Or email hanspeter.baettig at bluemail.ch
Hanspeter
[...]

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the comments. I'll look at Dickenson... Though I am not sure it's available in EU land

Cheers

Jean-Pierre Germain
SY Eleuthera, SM 007