[Amel Yacht Owners] wind generator mizzen bracket - Santorin mizzen mast measures

Siviero Attilio <attilio.siviero@...>

Hi all, especially Santorin owners,

since I want to fit a mizzen bracket to put my windgen Silentwind, now on top of mizzen mast, and too noisy, I wonder if any Santorin owner, now on board, can give me an info about the approx curve radius of the mizzen mast, even at reachable height from the aft deck (say 2.5m, 8.2ft) , in order to prepare joint plates to connect brackets to mast.

Once my techie made it on a SM with a molded bar of plumb or similar material, and then he traced the curve on a white piece of paper, to figure-out a sort of radius, but he lost the paper and the SM is overseas. Amel SAV does not replies to my query on Santorin construction drawings.

Thanks for any help

Attilio & Maria Siviero
Amel Santorin#84 "Sisila"

Il giorno 23/mar/2015, alle ore 10:13, Siviero Attilio attilio.siviero@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> ha scritto:

Thanks Dennis, I submitted the relevant query to the web site of hamiltonferries.

Even if I saw another one, maybe easier to implement, made by SS tubes and once marketed by SuperWind.
Anyhow thans a lot for your feedback of experience.
Fair winds

Attilio & Maria Siviero
Amel Santorin#84 "Sisila"

Il giorno 21/mar/2015, alle ore 16:34, Dennis Johns sbmesasailor@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> ha scritto:

Hello Siviero,

I have the wind generator mounted on my mizzen mast just below the radar antenna as you propose.  I don't know if it's because of the type of generator we have (AirBreeze with aftermarket propellers) or if the location is good, but we have no issue with vibration or excessive noise.  This is the bracket I used: http://www.hamiltonferris.com/products/Wind_Power/Wind_Generator_Mounts/51.  I did modify it with an aluminum plate riveted onto the top of the horizontal arms for additional rigidity.  The biggest problem was routing the wire/cable through the mast, into one of the internal conduits -just like the radar antenna installation.  Sorry, I don't have a drawing with dimensions.  You might be able to get a drawing of the bracket with dimensions from the source.

Dennis Johns
s/v Libertad
Maramu #121