[Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Sharki bow thruster leaking

Rosario Romano <rosario.romano50@...>

Hi
I have written to Amel Med for same reason. This is the reply.

 Bonjour Monsieur Romano,

Veuillez m’excuser pour ma réponse tardive.

Sur les photos il s’agit bien du propulseur que nous avons installé sur nos bateaux. Pouvez-vous me dire de quelles pièces détachées vous avez besoin, sachant que nous ne pouvons pratiquement  vous fournir que les joints d’étanchéité en ce moment.

Cordialement,
Sonja Kessler
Rosario
Sharki no 183
Arma di Taggia (Italy)

Il Martedì 5 Maggio 2015 12:47, "n33077@... [amelyachtowners]" ha scritto:

So last night I posted the pictures of the Sharki bow thruster. New pictures are up in the photo's file under Sharki Bow thruster.  If you zoom in you can see the hairline cracks in the white housing. I wrote to SAV@ Amel to see if they have a replacement unit and / or parts for this bow thruster.  27 years of service ain't too bad,  however it might be time to replace it.

As a temporary fix, I'm thinking of epoxying the housing, sanding it smooth again and re-installing the seal.  I'd also like to add a zirk fitting and just filling it with grease.  Any thoughts?

Aras
Sharki #163

eric freedman

Hello Mr. Romano,

I apologize for my late reply.

In the photos it is indeed the propellant that we installed on our boats. Can you tell me which parts you need, knowing that we cannot provide you that virtually seals right now.

Sincerely,

Sonja Kessler