Topics

GALLEY FAUCET REPLACEMENT OLDER MARAMU

Alejandro Paquin

Can anyone suggest a practical way to replace the faucet in the galley of the Older Maramu?

The piping goes behind the woodwork and it was modified to accommodate the water coming from the foot pump and the water supplied from the fresh water system. I would like if possible not to destroy the original wood paneling, but maybe it is not possible.

Alex

Simpatico

Older Maramu 1981, #94

mr_hermanns

On Cerulean (Hull #105) I swapped out the old two way and installed a proper salt water faucet and main unit.

See: http://svcerulean.com/2015/05/07/galley-projects-new-faucet-salt-water-spigot-and-3m-water-filter/

They both work great and it stopped some of the back flushing the salt water pump used to do...also it's much easier to use a larger faucet that has a better height.

-Jer

jjjk12s@...

You could try sub-compact shower controls like Barka available from Penguin Engineering in UK. I replaced the taps and showers in the heads and I have bought taps to replace the galley taps but haven't needed them yet so can't confirm what modifications are needed, but they are close to original.

John

Maramu 91 Popeye

Andy Croney

Hi Alex,

we replaced the original faucet with an italian make Mixing tap which fitted the plumbing behind the sink. ( please see attached image and note that the taps can swivel to 90 degrees .)

We incorporated a Whale swing faucet for the foot pump and were able to seal the existing hole through the stainless steel sink - no more leaks :-)

We purchased both online and are happy with the result.

Good luck and all the best

Andy
SV Paladin , Maramu # 75

Alejandro Paquin

Andy many thanks, do you know the model and brand and what site you used to purchase this unit?
Alex

Alejandro Paquin

many thanks for the input

Alejandro Paquin

Thanks for the input so I guess you installed a separate fresh water footpump spigot?

Andy Croney

Hi Alex,

yes we installed a separate hose to the freshwater footpump and then to a whale faucet on the timber facing behind the sink.

That the freshwater pressure system and footpump system are totally separate, should a failure in the pressurized system occur that you cant fix when underway. We intend to install another whale faucet to an additional footpump for the saltwater.

We have been recently using two European websites to provide  us with equipment toplicht.de and svb.de

I believe we got the faucet from Toplicht.

all the best and good luck !

Andy

Alejandro Paquin

Many thanks Andy for the feedback. We do want to change the current arrangement because of aesthetics and the leaking under the sink.
Alex Paquin

Steve Leeds

Edited

We have had a failure of our galley faucet on our Sharki.  It looks like the new one Andy on PALADIN purchased from the German catalog would be a great replacement.  The posting is from 3 years ago -- not sure whether Andy is on the forum any more.  Does anyone know whether it will fit directly on the old fittings coming out of the wood?

Steve Leeds
Yacht MACCABEE
Sharki #121

Dom

Steve Leeds

Thank you.  That is very attractive.  Unfortunately, it is the bottom part of my faucet that broke!

On Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 2:25:31 AM EST, sharki.cigale via Groups.Io <sharki.cigale@...> wrote:

mr_hermanns

It's so much nicer!

-Jer

--
Jeremy Hermanns
m. 310-770-9623

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This E-mail (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. §§ 2510-2521. The information herein is confidential, privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. This E-mail (including attachments) are intended solely for the use of the addressee hereof.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are prohibited from reading, disclosing, reproducing, distributing, disseminating, or otherwise using this transmission. If you have received this message in error, please promptly notify the sender by e-mail and immediately delete this message from your system.

Aras Grinius

I think it looks great Steve.   Fortunately I’ve only had to replace the o-rings thus far.
--
Aras Grinius
SV FIASCO

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

I got a replacement galley faucet for SM 299 from my local New Zealand building supply firm Mitre 10. It was identical and on the shelf.

Wow

Regards

Danny

SM 299