[Amel Yacht Owners] New Altenator what size

Jean-Pierre Germain <jgermain@...>

I kept a good 60 amp charger and added a new 50 amp unit. My situation might be different as I have all low draw electrics throughout the boat

I also have Emek marine solar setup with gantry. Charging at 22 amps at 1600 in GR. been on the pick for the last month and never had to run the gender other than AC and watermaker needs.

ALWAYS at or near 100% battery charge.

Works for us

Jean-Pierre Germain
SY ELEUTHERA SM 007

On 13 Aug 2015, at 17:23, osterberg.paul.l@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello!

From the thread concerning batteries, I see that some have the hefty 175 A alternator, my own is 50 A which I think is to small, But 175 looks enormous to me, You who have the 175 A do you have the 110 hp engine? I have the 75 hp TMD 22, 175 A would correspond to roughly 10% of the Hp output.

I considering 100A together with a smart regulator. as current set up do not serve as a back up if/when the genset does not work.

You with the TMD 22 what solution did you go for?

Paul on Kerpa SM#259

Paul Osterberg

Jean-Pierre
Are you in Göchek now?
We will come to Emek tomorrow maybe I can offer you a beer or so
Paul SY KERPA

Jean-Pierre Germain <jgermain@...>

Hello Paul,

We will be in Gocek on the 16th. Would definitely reciprocate for beer😀 I know some watering holes!!!

JPG

On 13 Aug 2015, at 19:08, osterberg.paul.l@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Jean-Pierre
Are you in Göchek now?
We will come to Emek tomorrow maybe I can offer you a beer or so
Paul SY KERPA

Paul Osterberg

Good looking forward to meet
Paul and Keratin

Chris Flack

Hey JP,

How long are you staying in Gocek?  We cross over into Turkey from Kos tomorrow.

Cheers
Chris
Hemera SM031

We will be in Gocek on the 16th. Would definitely reciprocate for beer😀 I know some watering holes!!!

JPG

On 13 Aug 2015, at 19:08, osterberg.paul.l@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Jean-Pierre
Are you in Göchek now?
We will come to Emek tomorrow maybe I can offer you a beer or so
Paul SY KERPA

Peter Forbes

Jean Pierre,

Just when you could have bought me a drink I am in Hyères with Amel!

Hope it's going well for you?

Peter

Peter Forbes
00447836 209730

On 13 Aug 2015, at 18:31, Jean-Pierre Germain jgermain@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello Paul,

We will be in Gocek on the 16th. Would definitely reciprocate for beer😀 I know some watering holes!!!

JPG

On 13 Aug 2015, at 19:08, osterberg.paul.l@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Jean-Pierre
Are you in Göchek now?
We will come to Emek tomorrow maybe I can offer you a beer or so
Paul SY KERPA

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Peter,

We will be in Barcelona until about 6 Sept. Are you passing this way? I'll buy you a drink!

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
Currently at Marina Port Cell, Barcelona
Sent from my tablet
+39 333 121 8115 Italy Mobile
+1832-380-4970 USA Voice Mail

On Aug 13, 2015 9:01 PM, "Peter Forbes ppsforbes@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Jean Pierre,

Just when you could have bought me a drink I am in Hyères with Amel!

Hope it's going well for you?

Peter

Peter Forbes
00447836 209730

On 13 Aug 2015, at 18:31, Jean-Pierre Germain jgermain@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello Paul,

We will be in Gocek on the 16th. Would definitely reciprocate for beer😀 I know some watering holes!!!

JPG

On 13 Aug 2015, at 19:08, osterberg.paul.l@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Jean-Pierre
Are you in Göchek now?
We will come to Emek tomorrow maybe I can offer you a beer or so
Paul SY KERPA

Peter Forbes

Bill, yup we'll be in Barcelona on about 22 August - anything for a free drink. I'll tell you if we make it. What's your mobile / cell number? Peter

On 13 Aug 2015, at 21:31, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

[...]

Cell is listed below, although by 22 August I may have a Spanish SIM. If I change, I'll email you.

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
Sent from my tablet
+39 333 121 8115 Italy Mobile
+1832-380-4970 USA Voice Mail

On Aug 13, 2015 10:06 PM, "Peter Forbes ppsforbes@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

[...]

Germain Jean-Pierre <jgermain@...>

Hi Chris,

I am at the old port in Kos now.  Going to DATCA tomorrow then onto Goček…

JPG

On 13 Aug 2015, at 20:28, chris@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hey JP,

How long are you staying in Gocek?  We cross over into Turkey from Kos tomorrow.

Cheers
Chris
Hemera SM031

We will be in Gocek on the 16th. Would definitely reciprocate for beer😀 I know some watering holes!!!

JPG

On 13 Aug 2015, at 19:08, osterberg.paul.l@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Jean-Pierre
Are you in Göchek now?
We will come to Emek tomorrow maybe I can offer you a beer or so
Paul SY KERPA

Jean-Pierre Germain,
+44 7551 211 511
jp.germain@...

Chris Flack

Bugger!! We left Kos Marina today at 14:30. Now at Turgutreis and back in Gocek in another 8-10 days.

Cheers

We will be in Gocek on the 16th. Would definitely reciprocate for beer😀 I know some watering holes!!!

JPG

On 13 Aug 2015, at 19:08, osterberg.paul.l@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Jean-Pierre
Are you in Göchek now?
We will come to Emek tomorrow maybe I can offer you a beer or so
Paul SY KERPA

Jean-Pierre Germain,
+44 7551 211 511
jp.germain@...

Chris Flack

I actually sent this on Friday and it's just gone through.

We are now in Cokertme

Cheers
Chris
Hemera SM031

Bugger!! We left Kos Marina today at 14:30. Now at Turgutreis and back in Gocek in another 8-10 days.

Cheers

We will be in Gocek on the 16th. Would definitely reciprocate for beer😀 I know some watering holes!!!

JPG

On 13 Aug 2015, at 19:08, osterberg.paul.l@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Jean-Pierre
Are you in Göchek now?
We will come to Emek tomorrow maybe I can offer you a beer or so
Paul SY KERPA

Jean-Pierre Germain,
+44 7551 211 511
jp.germain@...

Germain Jean-Pierre <jgermain@...>

Hello Chris,

We arrived in Gocek today !  We’ll be here for some time … long enough to meet up with you I suspect.

Be prepared to instruct me on the ways of the Internet… I will need your help :-)  Beer tokens assured!

Cheers and fair winds.

I am seriously tanned and verily, taming my lovely boat.  She is probably the most up to date SM in the WWW…

:-)

JPG
Eleuthera, SM 007

PS:  While waiting for our mooring in Gocek Bay, we saw another Eleuthera… this one a big Cat form OZ!

[...]

Hi Jean-Pierre,

Great to hear you will still be there. We will arrive in 9 days and Efes will certainly be consumed.

What do you know. Did you meet them?

See you soon