[Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Amel 54 Battery Monitor

Jeff Wingfield <ki4jde@...>

Hi Tony:

Our boat was next off the line after yours. The Xantrex manual has no model number.  However, if it will help, the number on the back of the manual is 975-0111-01-01.  I suppose this could be a publication number.

Jeff
LAST TANGO

On Sep 5, 2015, at 05:16, Tony Robinson tonywrobinson51@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Does anybody know the precise model no. of the Xantrex battery monitor fitted as standard to the Amel 54 (no.102). I'm trying to download a user manual, and all I can find are the Link 10 and Link 20 model manuals. The label on the bottom of the rectangular display unit just says Battery Monitor, with the manufacturer, Xantrex, written in large letters at the top.

Thanks in advance.

Tony Robinson

Catriona R - Amel 54 #102

James Wendell <ms42phantom54@...>

Jeff, as you recall I bought Bozo Cinq (now Phantom). How are you guys doing with Last Tango (ex Lone Star I believe)? Where are you now?

I still have engine problems that have kept me grounded (er watered?) here in Annapolis since arrival from Ft. Lauderdale in June. After replacing the original high-pressure fuel pump and cleaning/rebuilding the injectors, I am now waiting for my second high-pressure fuel pump - the first replacement was reportedly "bad." I sure hope it is the problem.

I was wondering what problems others have had with their 54's that have necessitated a complete Volvo overhaul? I read that in this thread.

Thanks,
Jamie Wendell
PHANTOM

On Sunday, September 6, 2015 9:36 AM, "Jeff Wingfield ki4jde@... [amelyachtowners]" wrote:

[...]

Hello James:

We are in Wilmington, still learning the boat.  I am sorry you have experienced the Volvo problems.  I am not aware of similar issues in other 54s.

Our plan is to head south in December.

Jeff
LAST TANGO (ex LONE STAR)

On Sunday, September 6, 2015 9:36 AM, "Jeff Wingfield ki4jde@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Jeff, thanks for the reply. How do you like the boat? Where are you headed when you go south?
I am afraid I am stuck here this winter, but definitely will be going down to the Caribbean next fall.
Jamie
Phantom

On Friday, September 11, 2015 9:19 AM, "Jeff Wingfield ki4jde@... [amelyachtowners]" wrote:

[...]

We really do  like the boat, though we have only had the one trip from Ft. Lauderdale to Wilminton.  Since then we continue to get acquainted while catchng up on a couple of items hangng over from the survey.  Hurricane season discourages us from any extended travel.  In December we plan to explore some of the Bahamas we have not done before, probably spending a while in either Brunswick or Jacksonville before jumping over there.

Then we hope to get to New England in late Spring 2016 ending up in the Chesapeake and probably joining the rally for the Caribbean.

Jeff

On Friday, September 11, 2015 9:19 AM, "Jeff Wingfield ki4jde@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

[...]

Sounds great. I understand what it takes to get to know a "new" boat, trust me.
If you go to the Caribbean next fall, I will be joining you, as I too will be doing the 1500 again. I plan then to do the World ARC in January 2017 from St. Lucia.
Let's stay in touch.
Thanks,
Jamie